What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a bit of a blip namely bread and pasta giving me a row of 7's ...7.1 on Sunday 7.9 Monday and 7 yesterday .Much better this morning with a 6 woohoo .

jenfoolery

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
At waking it was 6.2, and after being up for an hour and a half or so having only had black coffee and my morning meds, it rose to 7.1. Now, mid-afternoon California time, after lunch etc, it's at a nice 4.7. I know about the "dawn phenomenon" and... this ain't it. Unless somehow my pancreas and liver are on Hawaii time. But this is absolutely my normal pattern.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So 6.5 for me but the number have been up since they have tried pulling me off of bolas and doubled my Metformin.

Getting lots of "gastric issues" with the increased Metformin and they never calmed down when they tried a high dose when I was first diagnosed so we're going back to 2 x 500mg a day and increasing the Lantus but I expect higher numbers before we get dialled back in.

Silly isn't it. When I was first diagnosed I wanted anything to avoid needles. Now that that've taken me off the bolas I just want back on. lol!

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6AM after eating day.:woot:

I will be eating today too so i can then fast until Sunday after the last meal today, given father's day I don't want to say no to whatever my daughter wants to do or might prepare for me and I know something is being planned... my daddy spidey senses have been going into overdrive :pompous:.

Have a lovely day everyone. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.7 this morning. I visited. Friend’s garden and she had made Michael Moseley’s choc & beetroot ‘diabetic’ brownies especially for me so despite my better judgement I had one. BG jumped 6 points quickly came down but stayed higher than desired. But be ause I was wearing Libre I was able to show them so no repeats however well intentioned.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. My fbg may well be the 4.5 Libre reckons but what does that mean anyhow? @PenguinMum awkward situation but seems as though Swipey helped smooth things over. @DJC3 it is always red meat that is to blame;). Only a problem here when SWMBO wants "Sunday roast" - that's just the way it is. Salad works (as well as LC ever will 4 me) the rest is mostly just a waste of ingredients, time and energy. Thunder looms here, meh.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1623959517580.jpg