What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My attempt at OMAD yesterday failed.
I had some 85% choc and a neat brandy in the evening while dealing with a family thing
Then woke at 4:30 so hungry that I was trying to identify which o the Dawn chorus was edible! Gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up at 5:30 for ff greek with seeds and strawberries and blueberries.
Had a second breakfast at 8:30 of lc bread and cheese

L: cheese and salad and 4 homemade millionaire bites.

Does anyone else days where you just have to keep eating until finally the hunger goes away?

D homemade chicken and cauliflower curry. Even my men refused rice with it. They are very supportive of this low carb malarkey, thank heavens

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone else days where you just have to keep eating until finally the hunger goes away?

Yes, too often sadly.
Well done for nearly doing OMAD, at least you attempted it, I’ve pretty much stopped trying to kid myself I will do it now.

Reactions: MrsA2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was soft boiled eggs mashed in a lo- dough wrap and a spoonful of chilli sauerkraut.
Lunch- fried mince and broccoli seasoned with garlic powder, onion salt and chilli flakes.
Dinner was locally caught hake from my freezer, I used this recipe and would thoroughly recommend it. https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-chorizo-crumb-topped-cod-with-padron-peppers Served it with sautéed mushrooms, red pepper and spinach rather than padron peppers ( no idea what they are and my local Co-op certainly doesn’t sell them)
@Annb I agree about fish. I Wasn’t able to get skate today, like you I need someone to drive me to the fish place now, I’m hoping to get some soon.
@SlimLizzy glad the hoglet is eating and I’m amused that our ‘What have you eaten today’ thread now includes a hedgehog menu. The slug at least must be low carb.
IMG_1623867830.045060.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: one 1/4lb burger with melted cheese and leafy salad followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Yes, there are days when nothing seems to fill the gap but I don't ever reach the stage where it finally goes away.

Reactions: MrsA2

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my 2nd meal today - slices of black pudding topped with a rasher of streaky bacon, a slice of processed cheese and a fried egg. Yum!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh Cherry jelly! Is that from a packet or some recipe? Love cherry
It’s actually supposed to be Cherry Bakewell, but just tastes like cherry to me. It one of the Hartleys 10cal SF jelly range :hungry:

Reactions: DJC3 and MrsA2

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
B 3x egg ham tomato pepper muffins

L alpine light cereal bar few strawberries

D prawn salad with red cabbage and few chilli flakes for taste

Snack some chicken 2x plums I'm still working out what affects me xx

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Ps how hard is it to get sugarfree jelly unless you get supermarkets near or a delivery slot????

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ps how hard is it to get sugarfree jelly unless you get supermarkets near or a delivery slot????
If you do get the sachets that you make up with water, the sachets last for years so its worth buying a few. Hartley tend to use the best sweetner, supermarket own labels use ones that can spike some people. One of the few occasions when I go for a brand rather than an own label

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
About an hour after having my black pudding etc, I started to feel unwell. In fact I had to go to bed for a couple of hours. Couldn't figure out what was wrong. But I'm up again, still feeling nauseous and bloated. This is what I am beginning to recognise as a reaction to wheat. But what wheat did I have? Black pudding is made with oats, not wheat. Or is it? Just checked the label on the pack. The last item on the ingredients list is wheat. Can't be much of it, but obviously enough. So the rest will go out. I am currently trying to get the nausea under control with ginger and lemon tea. Waistband is far too tight, but when I go to bed properly that won't be an issue. Must try to get a different make and check the ingredients list.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast slice of toast with butter and peanut butter. 2x CWC
CWC couple of biscuits
Lunch mashed avocadeon toast, celeriac remoulade and large portion of mixed salad. Squash and tea
Snack lump of cheese
Dinner steak, roasted cauliflower and peas.
Few wild strawberries. 2glasses red wine.
Later 2 squares chocolate, CWC
Planning lemon tea before bed.
Fail! didn't post

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Does anyone else days where you just have to keep eating until finally the hunger goes
Yes, and now am considering having protein snacks instead of fatty ones. Chicken slice or hard boiled egg, not cheese or olives. Will see if this different approach works

(Mod edit to sort out quote)

Last edited by a moderator:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yep. Seem to be having one today. Probably a combination of eating too much gunk yesterday and lack of sleep (which may also be connected to the former). Note to self: stick to meat.

So far today I’ve had a vat of 0% Fage, cream and raspberries and some pork belly strips coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried. Still hungry.

I believe you can get it on Amazon.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: fairly early before my cleaner came - bacon and egg
Lunch: hungry because of the early breakfast - pork sausages

Neil was puzzled abut the black pudding because I do have sausages from time to time and British sausages always have some kind of rusk and so wheat. Just realising that I don't do well with sausages either - feeling nauseous and waistband a bit tight again. I'll give the rest of the sausages to No 2 son when he comes to pick up Em this afternoon. Neil checked other black puddings in the supermarket today and they all seem to have wheat in them. So - no more black pudding and no more sausages. Stick to bacon and home cooked meat in future.

Might not feel up to eating again today - had 2 cups of black coffee to try to settle my stomach - hasn't worked. Not sure what I can trust my stomach to accept after these 2 days of reactions. Egg, I suppose, but I already had 2 today. Puzzle.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I phoned the surgery and asked if I could get a blood test for gluten intolerance so that I can see my way forward on this. Dr arranged it for next Tuesday but told me meantime to keep up eating the gluten products so that there will be something to measure on Tuesday. Bearing in mind my reaction to the black pudding and the sausages, I'm not looking forward to that! I did explain and she agreed that it would be rough, but said I should do it anyway. Durum wheat pasta anyone? Spag bol? Macaroni cheese? I'll use some of Neil's supply of pasta and that should do it.

No 2 son bought a packet of crisps for me and I used them to settle my stomach - it usually works. That's the reason I usually have a bag of ready salted crisps in the cupboard. It helped but hasn't completely got rid of the discomfort. Probably shan't eat anything else today. Maybe more fruit tea to keep the fluid levels up.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was a small amount of mince fried with s&p and chilli flakes. 2 fried eggs on top.
L: pack of Co-op King prawns marinated in chilli and garlic
D: chicken breast stuffed with smoked cheese and wrapped in bacon. Served with rocket and cherry tomato salad. Handful of Callebaut 100% cocoa mass buttons afterwards.
@Annb hugs for the the wheat reaction. Would gluten free black pudding or sausages be ok do you think?