Ozempic

kim-T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I’m not sure how to use this forum I joined last year and not been on here before I’m type2 I take metformin also Atorvastatin ive just been put on ozempic and that’s what I want to ask questions about could anyone guide me in the right place

Thanku

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m not sure how to use this forum I joined last year and not been on here before I’m type2 I take metformin also Atorvastatin ive just been put on ozempic and that’s what I want to ask questions about could anyone guide me in the right place

Thanku
Hi @kim-T2 , and welcome to the forum!
This is a fine place to ask your questions :)

I don't know much about ozempic but I think others will be chipping in.
Do you have any specific questions?

kim-T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started ozempic on Saturday 5th on 0.25 ml I was told there will be side affect of neausea and curbing your appetite buth it’s knocked me sideways I’ve not been able to eat a single thing other then a few strawberry’s I’m not kidding if not eaten for 11 days I’ve lost 13lb feel so weak and was sent home from work today was sick on the shop floor ANy help would be appreciated x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I started ozempic on Saturday 5th on 0.25 ml I was told there will be side affect of neausea and curbing your appetite buth it’s knocked me sideways I’ve not been able to eat a single thing other then a few strawberry’s
Have you contacted your doctor/diabetes nurse to speak about those side effects?

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
I'm on week 9, the first few weeks were rough I didnt fancy anything, spicy food goes through me sorry tmi!!!

Lots of bloating but I'm on super low carbs now and i feel much better for it, i feel like I've got a balloon in my gut full of air!!! But I'm adapting now and know my limits, I know lots suffer sickness have a chat with your DN and see what they say might adjective the dose, I'm still on metformin x2 a day too.

I've lost 2 stone in 8 weeks!!! But I have tons more to loose, hope your feeling better soon xxxx