What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
20% chicken @SlimLizzy ? There are too many fillers in these foods cats never naturally ate. I am not sure what Popeye's dried food is at the moment, but it's me picking the best one out of a bad bunch.

I have yet to find a cat food for Popeye's age...

Peas and carrots in wet food for a cat? Popeye gives me a disgusted look, and leaves all of it.

A cat is not vegetarian. When I am eating my pork scratchings Popeye always demands some. He has better teeth than me and crunches them ...
Agree entirely about the strange ingredients in cat food, it's no surprise that there are now many diabetic cats.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 yesterday and 4.4 today

upset tummy yesterday evening so early to bed rather uncomfortable :sorry: better today in time for shopping, then back over to mum's for what we thought would be a shopping delivery, a quick vac round in the sitting room and half an hour sitting in the garden ;)

No such thing, Mum had a 'while you're here could you ...?' list :hilarious:
so now we're knackered and it's pretty hot here so we're hiding out inside (like @SlimLizzy we have thick stone walls ;))

Phone call from the Health Centre when we got back to say my appointment with the DN on Friday is cancelled because she's off sick, 'phone the Health Centre in the middle of next week to make a new appointment' :(

The recycling bin has been emptied whilst we were out so that went to plan at least :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two lovely waterfalls, they look like they will provide good, inspirational source material :)

@gennepher - smart badger art but hugs for the phone trauma and to both you and Popeye for the heat stress :( Hope you get better sleep tonight.
I love your birds and foliage in the style of Lin Fengmian, really colourful and balanced :joyful:

Thank you for the information on the app, I will give it a try perhaps ;)

@dunelm - the ink dripping is going well, great scale in the first landscape and fantastic sculptural texture in today's :joyful:

art bit - was watching a bit of video of someone driving about in America, which is where the inspiration for this came from, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out :) painted on Hahnemuhle Britannia
View attachment 50034
Thank you for your comments @geefull and I am glad that the recycling bin was emptied on cue, at least - another good painting from you @geefull - I wonder where it is? Can we go?

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. So.lovely that it is much cooler today. Luckily my venues were not excessively hot although it did suddenly get really hot and muggy about 8pm so I had to slow down the pace of the class.

feel quite tired this morning but I am sure the morning dog walk will wake me up - especially if we encounter a thunderstorm.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a delightfully cool and drizzly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of prawn salad with feta and an egg came in at 5.1 this am

Eldest son moving in today at some point. He has sold his house and bought a train wreck so needs a base until he has sorted out his new purchase - the building is sound but the interior needs quite a bit of work which will include mixing lots of plaster and skimming walls and ceilings. I shall await the before and after photos and have the town cryer shout his praises from the town square.

Still playing around with washes and drips - more depth of colour perhaps but you never quite know how these things will turn out. Have a pleasant day if you can. I need some koffy.

upload_2021-6-17_7-35-30.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening. Again short on time.
Shock and horror bloods 4.8 this morning and I have to drive, but not before I get bloods into the high 5's.
Have a great day all fellow posters, painters and gamers.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a now very dark part of East Anglia awaiting the deluge. No, not Arthur Marwick's effort, the stuff from the sky that spoils my day. My fbg may well be the 4.5 Libre reckons but what does that mean anyhow? Best wishes to your son with all the work @dunelm but so wise to live elsewhere whilst it is happening. Captain Hindsight speaking here. Wonderful art posted yesterday @geefull. I'm not seeing all the posts so I apologise if @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist have posted stunning examples of their gifts. If you like the cooler weather enjoy, more of a sackcloth and ashes kinda day for me. Tinkety Tonk old fruits (berries?)

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 6.9
That's very high for me. Maybe late night chocolate? (only 2 squares) or peas with dinner? Disturbed night? Some very strange dreams!
Or
Lack of strenuous exercise yesterday?
Probably a combination, but whatever the cause am not happy with that reading.

The weather has changed, we are no longer baking in high temperatures, but are forecast 10 days of rain showers. Already after just one night of gentle drizzle am sure the grass is taller.

However last night I finally managed to finish Fridays jobs list. Saturdays was already done. So now working on Tuesday/Wednesday . There was no list for monday. Today's list= finish the previous lists...

It's astonishing how demotivating a grey day can be.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone on a delightfully cool and drizzly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of prawn salad with feta and an egg came in at 5.1 this am

Eldest son moving in today at some point. He has sold his house and bought a train wreck so needs a base until he has sorted out his new purchase - the building is sound but the interior needs quite a bit of work which will include mixing lots of plaster and skimming walls and ceilings. I shall await the before and after photos and have the town cryer shout his praises from the town square.

Still playing around with washes and drips - more depth of colour perhaps but you never quite know how these things will turn out. Have a pleasant day if you can. I need some koffy.

View attachment 50043
Thats a real puzzle Dunelm, I dont know what to make of it. It looks like a collection of two headed anaemic blood worms?;)
D.

lindisfel

Expert
7.30am FBG 6.9
That's very high for me. Maybe late night chocolate? (only 2 squares) or peas with dinner? Disturbed night? Some very strange dreams!
Or
Lack of strenuous exercise yesterday?
Probably a combination, but whatever the cause am not happy with that reading.

The weather has changed, we are no longer baking in high temperatures, but are forecast 10 days of rain showers. Already after just one night of gentle drizzle am sure the grass is taller.

However last night I finally managed to finish Fridays jobs list. Saturdays was already done. So now working on Tuesday/Wednesday . There was no list for monday. Today's list= finish the previous lists...
Hi slimlizzy,
Perhaps dream stress can put up cortisol?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
A better day today in Cumbria with a light breeze and strong sunshine and at a temperatureof 18 deg C at present it seems plenty warm enough.
Yesterday it reached 14 deg with a constant drizzle and cool breeze all day.
What a difference!

Tomorrow I shall be picked up on the eye hospital transport to go to Preston down the M6 for a eye appointment to check my state of health to get my remaining cataract in my right eye done within the month. So I hope its not too hot and I don' t like not being in control and being driven!
It will be great having my telescope dominant eye back to normal....I hope!

Face mask to be worn for at least six hours except when eating my nosh.
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
A better day today in Cumbria with a light breeze and strong sunshine and at a temperatureof 18 deg C at present it seems plenty warm enough.
Yesterday it reached 14 deg with a constant drizzle and cool breeze all day.
What a difference!

Tomorrow I shall be picked up on the eye hospital transport to go to Preston down the M6 for a eye appointment to check my state of health to get my remaining cataract in my right eye done within the month. So I hope its not too hot and I don' t like not being in control and being driven!
It will be great having my telescope dominant eye back to normal....I hope!

Face mask to be worn for at least six hours except when eating my nosh.
D.
Best wishes for tomorrow then the cataract operation. Thoughts and prayers with you big man.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely agree - it must be your golf bag eating your jelly babies. It couldn't possibly be you.
Mate... it is costing me a FORTUNE! More than it cost to join the golf club in the first place. Bad bag, Greedy bag......

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick dip in as I melt in the humidity!
Another 11-9pm shift so this morning I woke up early and made a cauliflower and broccoli cheese for dinner and lunch tomorrow, and for lunch today I am trying something a little different - a few rolls of honey-roast ham slices and a protein shake.

I know IF doesn't work for me as my concentration goes, but I hope this means I feel like I have had something at lunch time (at a whopping 10g of carbs) and then just microwave my cauliflower cheese tonight....

And if I survive without chewing the corners of the laptop this might be the way to go for these weird long shifts

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

A trying day of communication problems because I am deaf. Today it was counter Perspex screens, combined with the clear face shields worn by staff, and the sun shining in through, reflected from the shop windows opposite, creating so many reflections (that looked like multiple exposures by the camera) that I was unable to lipread the staff. Their faces behind these 'clear' screens which looked like none had been cleaned, or cleaned badly so everything was smeared, along with the reflections, made their faces look like hungry ghosts or banshees...

The transcription app I have on my phone was unable to cope either because their voices were too muffled. And by this time I was too exhausted to continue. But someone came along whom I normally deal with and helped the person dealing with me who did not know her job. But the reflections and dirty smeared counter screen meant I couldn't lipread him either. Then the cash till was playing up, and neither person could ring up my purchases. Finally it was done. And I could pay. The queue behind me by the time they finally keyed in the right numbers into the till lead out of the shop. I was totally exhausted. I slept a couple of hours when I got home, and have been dozing on and off since. It is 6pm now. And I have an entire day which has been wasted.

I might as well give up any contact/communication with real people, stay at home, and order everything online...

This digital painting in SketchesProApp I have been doing while half dozing. Inspired by Lin Fengmian.

I have a hospital appointment tomorrow. Even more communication problems with this mask wearing, protection stuff. People mumble behind a mask, and so my phone cannot transcribe their voices. People don't want to take your pen and paper from you these Covid times, to write their replies...

I might as well become a total hermit...I am drowning in this sea of mask/people protection that is these normal Covid times.

I need another sleep...

3461AA51-B094-476E-924B-66E4388DDDB2.jpeg