Peripheral neutopathy

gazzab

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey everyone I have had t2 20 years on met for in with good control now. Spent a long time in denial 15 years if I am honest I now suffer with background retinopathy and peripheral neuropathy in feet and hands. I have been on amitryptiline as well as duloxetine and gabapentin currently started pregablin although nothing seems to work.

I was just wondering what are people taking and how is it working out for them and do you take extra painkillers for it such as tramadol

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Gazzab. I've been using Pregablin for a good few years now. I can only take one tablet a day, otherwise come out in a rash. Together with Carbamazepine, it takes the edge off the pain for a few hours, but i'm still in constant pain. Tramadol didn't touch peripheral neuropathy pain for me. Hope the Pregablin helps you.

Caprock94

How long have you been in good control? Did the pain start before this? As for me, I had no pain in my feet upon diagnosis. After lowering my levels to non-diabetic levels through LCHF diet, my feet started burning and had occasional shooting pains. Others experienced this and said it could be the nerves healing. Anyway, its been two years now. No more shooting pains. The burning is not near as bad, and only seems to happen when I am on my feet for a good period of time.

gazzab

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How long have you been in good control? Did the pain start before this? As for me, I had no pain in my feet upon diagnosis. After lowering my levels to non-diabetic levels through LCHF diet, my feet started burning and had occasional shooting pains. Others experienced this and said it could be the nerves healing. Anyway, its been two years now. No more shooting pains. The burning is not near as bad, and only seems to happen when I am on my feet for a good period of time.
Had good control for 5 years now been on the neuropathy meds for 3 years best way to explain the pain is someone has tied a pair of shoes 3 times too small then set them on fire.

Reactions: LindiePops