Help with libre reading

Vicky19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I was wondering if I can have some help or advise. My Libre came up low check blood levels and I was 2.3 but didn’t feel low was just very hot, so I checked my levels with my finger prick and I was actually 16 was which is so high. I waited 20 mins and checked again and they came up 3.0 on the libre. Has anyone else had this? Obviously if I acted to my low levels thy could of being very dangerous?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is why the advice is to test with a finger prick before correcting a high or low.
That said, I have never experienced my Libre being so far out but I have read of another similar anomaly.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When they're that far out, it's worth washing your hands again, and checking with finger prick again in case you had something on your hand, or a faulty test strip.

Vicky19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I washed my hands and checked again and was still really different, it’s now come up with error so I have just changed my libre to see if that makes a different as I only put that one in today so may be faulty.

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been using the Libre for a couple of years and had this a couple of times, on both occasions the Libre had failed to deploy correctly meaning the filament had not properly penetrated the skin. On careful removal the filament was clearly bent.

Both times Abbot replaced the sensors.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
By the way welcome to the forum, sorry should have said that on my previous post.

A lot of people find it helps the sensor be more accurate from day 1, if they apply a sensor and don't activate it for 24 hours (some leave it 48 hours). When you apply a sensor you're creating 'trauma' at the site, and your body doesn't like it. By applying it a day or 2 before activating it, your body's got used to it and doesn't react in the same way.
I've certainly found it helps it be more accurate, but it can still take a day to settle in.

Reactions: jenfoolery

Vicky19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone for the help, I never knew about this site until tonight. Nice to have people to ask for help when it needed

Reactions: jenfoolery