Can't stop losing weight

ZoeinKent

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice, please. Sounds an odd problem, but I can't seem to stop losing weight! I recently lowered my HbA1c from 41 to 31 by going low-carb (about 50-55g a day) and running two/three times a week. I also dropped 15kg. Now I'm actually below my target weight (hit a new low this morning of 52kg; I'm 5'4"). I can count my ribs! I've been trying to stop the weight loss by adding in extra carbs and fats. Yesterday I ate about 1,000 calories more than my estimated daily allowance, according to the Nutracheck app - and still lost weight! I spoke to the GP recently in case it was something more sinister, and had a full blood count - all normal. I'm currently breastfeeding a six-month-old, so wonder if she's just guzzling everything?! Would really appreciate any ideas on how to stop losing any more! Many thanks :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
You need to ask your GP for a referral to a nutritionist to help with weight maintenance while breastfeeding. Your estimated daily allowance must be wrong.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The connection to the weight loss will most probably be the breastfeeding. Though you must seek medical advice. I remember breastfeeding (pre diabetes diagnosis) as a time with an insatiable appetite when I ate far more than I would ever normally contemplate consuming. As with pregnancy,breastfeeding takes a heavy toll on the body and diet and nutritional needs are key to you remaining healthy.

Reactions: EllieM