What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs today as per GPs instructions. Actually wheat to try to provoke a reaction it seems.

Brunch: a waffle made with wheat flour and some ham.

Snack: a pink lady apple.

2nd meal: probably in about an hour - bacon and eggs.

BG did rise after the waffle, but less than 2 - because I took an appropriate size dose of insulin. No rise at all after the apple. Oddly, I'm not suffering any noticeable ill effects of the wheat. This is the first time in recent months that wheat products haven't set off a reaction. Typical!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early dinner so we are cleared up and ready for the football this evening.
Lunch was Romaine lettuce leaves filled with low fat cottage cheese snd Turkey breast slices.
Dinner is another hake fillet with the DD crispy topping of chorizo, Parmesan and ground almonds. Tonight it’s served with baked aubergine, mushrooms and a spoonful of kimchi.
Might have a glass of wine later, I’ve been TT all week.

Hi @DJC3 - Which recipe was the cripsy topping from, please? Sounds like my sort of thing.

Anything containing chorizo wins in my book.

Reactions: Annb and DJC3

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was home made creamy yoghurt, with some home grown stewed rhubarb. Lunch was a cheese salad, around home grown lettuce and also homegrown rocket. Being super-hungry today, dinner was early and was large portion of curry with a very small portion of rice (c 1 tablespoon) with home made raita and home grown coriander.

Do you think I might be going a bit Earth Mother here?

Reactions: Annb and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was home made creamy yoghurt, with some home grown stewed rhubarb. Lunch was a cheese salad, around home grown lettuce and also homegrown rocket. Being super-hungry today, dinner was early and was large portion of curry with a very small portion of rice (c 1 tablespoon) with home made raita and home grown coriander.

Do you think I might be going a bit Earth Mother here?

Short answer Yes! Lol.
Are you growing the leaves in a greenhouse? How do you stop the slugs and snails getting them?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like this is the important part of the recipe, I'm pretty sure this will be good to top about any oven dish, be it fish, meat, veggies or all of them at once :hungry:
  1. Shred the chorizo with a food processor, or dice it into small pieces with a knife. In a bowl, mix together the chorizo, parmesan cheese, and almond flour.
  2. Add the butter to the bowl and use your hands to mix the ingredients until it resembles crumbs.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
dinner was early and was large portion of curry with a very small portion of rice (c 1 tablespoon) with home made raita and home grown coriander.
Thanks for the inspiration, @AndBreathe !
I had no idea what I was going to eat except the last couple of runner beans and zaziki. I used the whole tub of yoghurt (minus a generous portion for the dogs and cats to make room for the cucumber) and a large cucumber so lots of zaziki has to be eaten.

I'm still not sure what a curry is, exactly. I know they eat it in India but also in Thailand and those curries are presumably completely different.
But after reading your post I figured minced meat from the freezer, onion, bell pepper, garlic, the leftover runner beans, a tin of tomatoes and various spices made into something like spaghetti sauce would be perfect with my zaziki!

It's almost ready to eat now :)

Reactions: Annb

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like this is the important part of the recipe, I'm pretty sure this will be good to top about any oven dish, be it fish, meat, veggies or all of them at once :hungry:
  1. Shred the chorizo with a food processor, or dice it into small pieces with a knife. In a bowl, mix together the chorizo, parmesan cheese, and almond flour.
  2. Add the butter to the bowl and use your hands to mix the ingredients until it resembles crumbs.

Yes I reckon you’re right that’s about the only important bit. I hadn’t thought of topping veg with it though - aubergine or courgettes would be good

Reactions: Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had breakfast at the private hospital cafe after getting my blood tests done, bacon,eggs tomato, and black coffee you could stand a spoon up in.
Banana prawns and lettuce with a bit of kimchi in low carb wraps for lunch.
Baked Sweet Lip, and veggies for dinner, second time fish for dinner this week.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast at home: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Then a bit of a break to my usual routine as spending the day at Mum’s.
Lunch: some Brie followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with green beans and carrot followed by SF jelly, strawberries and cream

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast 2x CWC, nut granola, scrambled eggs.
CWC
Lunch, salad, sardines on a cracker type biscuit thing. Wasnt as nice as I had expected it to be. Won't be buying those again. Good thing there are only six in the packet. Cup of tea.
Tea again
Today was cleaning the kitchen, seems we have mouse invaders again.
Glass of wine. Then one of the crackers, and another. Too much wine and too many carbs.
If anyone finds my self control please send it home to me...
Dinner smoked chicken, few re-roasted potatoes, cabbage and carrots, coffee flavoured ice cream cone.
Lemon tea and more lemon tea.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban I’ve got a jingle going round in my head now! ‘Double diamond works wonders, ….’ Trouble is, I can’t remember the rest!

Getting back on topic, I’m also having a hungry - and less disciplined - phase with food.

Yesterday started well with mince fried with eggs and a few onions. Deteriorated a bit with nuts and 89% chocolate (managed to ditch about half of it) plus double cream. Dinner was then some pork belly pieces coated in pink salt and chilli oil and air fried.

As for what spilt, smooth almond butter looks like on the floor …..:hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 2x CWC, nut granola, scrambled eggs.
CWC
Lunch, salad, sardines on a cracker type biscuit thing. Wasnt as nice as I had expected it to be. Won't be buying those again. Good thing there are only six in the packet. Cup of tea.
Tea again
Today was cleaning the kitchen, seems we have mouse invaders again.
Glass of wine. Then one of the crackers, and another. Too much wine and too many carbs.
If anyone to as my self control please send it home to me...
Dinner smoked chicken, few re-roasted potatoes, cabbage and carrots, coffee flavoured ice cream cone.
Lemon tea and more lemon tea.

Wouldn’t Errant help with catching mice?
Sorry I have no self control to send you, there seems to be a shortage. I expect it’ll be Brexit or Covid

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wouldn’t Errant help with catching mice?
Sorry I have no self control to send you, there seems to be a shortage. I expect it’ll be Brexit or Covid
Errant was showing interest couple of days ago. Maybe mouse scent was fresh then. MrSlim thinks he might have poor eyesight, he certainly doesn't pounce on a dropped morsel the way cats usually do.
We are going to take the cooker out again. .

Reactions: DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Riva_Roxaban I’ve got a jingle going round in my head now! ‘Double diamond works wonders, ….’ Trouble is, I can’t remember the rest!

Getting back on topic, I’m also having a hungry - and less disciplined - phase with food…..:hilarious::hilarious:
@Goonergal
Do you really want to know?
Of course you do!

DD works wonders, works wonders, works wonders,
DD works wonders. So drink some today.

Wonder how that claim would stand up to today's advertising standards.

Do like your description, " less disciplined phase with food" sounds so much better.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3