New here

TigerGirlx

Hey everyone

I have just joined up. I had a yearly checkup with the nurse last week as I am a pre-diabetic. She took my bloods and I got a text message from my GP yesterday to say call her to discuss results. I am pretty sure that I have diabetes type2. I will know probably on Monday if I am or not.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone

I have just joined up. I had a yearly checkup with the nurse last week as I am a pre-diabetic. She took my bloods and I got a text message from my GP yesterday to say call her to discuss results. I am pretty sure that I have diabetes type2. I will know probably on Monday if I am or not.

Hi TigerGirlx and welcome! Please come back and let us know. If you are diabetic well you're clearly quick off the mark because you've already found us! I have a feeling you will cope with it well. Can you give us any more info about how they came to diagnose you as pre diabetic, what were your numbers (if you know). x

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone

Hello @TigerGirlx ,

Sorry about the prediabetes, and the stress for the results this coming Monday. But hey, you've found this place, so... You'll be okay, okay? https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help you along some. And if in two days you get news one way or the other, you'll know what to do next to get this under control.
Hang in there, read around and ask any questions you like.
Jo

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello and welcome,

Let us know on Monday how it goes with the doctor. Having found this site will give you a great start. Most doctors don't recommend that people with type 2 diabetes test but my strong recommendation if you are diagnosed that one of your first steps should be to get a meter.

Let us know how it goes.

Welcome

Reactions: TigerGirlx

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely follow the meter advice from @VashtiB above.
It would have been helpful if your surgery nurse had recommended this last year but clinical practice seem to be against patients taking their own readings.
Your next step will be educating yourself on low carb, tons of resources on this forum & elsewhere online.
Good luck with your doctors visit.