What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a drip drip drippy morning here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of a late salad and the cries of “why did you snaffle a slice of pork pie” rocked in at 5.8 this am - oops!

For several days now we have been promised thunderstorms, downpours - the excitement of lightning and the boom of the thunder - all lit up for us to dance beneath in the warm air to Gregorian chants as we hurtle round the sun towards the longest day and that there film with My Cocaine and Richard Todd. But no - the met folk at Aunty have forsaken science and returned to pine cone gazing and taking the auspices by watching the eating patterns of the Number 10 chicken.

A landscape today - it just sort of appeared but I’m pretty sure that I have seen it before. Have a great day if you can. I must hunt down some koffy.

View attachment 50079
Pine Cone watching does work, both our closed tight at 7pm last night and we had some extremely heavy rain through the night.

Good landscape from you today lots of depth and some inviting mountains to explore.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 7.2 for me today. I have had a week of such high fasting bloods, disappointing.

We here last night but our Pine Cones are showing signs of opening so maybe a good day in store.

We have a in the garden Quire Rehersal after lunch so fingers crossed for a dry few hours.

Keep safe be amazing.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dull, wet and cool here, again. Meh. No fbg as a new sensor is required and I want to use both reader and phone to swipe. Problem is in The Great Declutter Pt 1, some clownshoe has either put said reader in the dearly departed skip or tidied it so well no one has the foggiest idea where it is.
I do hope you find your reader. It is so annoying when things disappear.
Weather in Norfolk is also dull, wet and cool. We were going to Gooderstone water gardens today but have decided to dog walk around our village instead.

The posts about spikes were very interesting. I must admit that I have never been really sure just how high a rise after a meal had to go to be labelled a spike.

My liver and pancreas work in mysterious ways. If I am in the 3s before a meal I would get a rise of 3 to take me into the 6s even with almost zero carbs. If I was in the 6s the identical meal wouldn't raise blood sugars and might actually lower them into the 5s. Very puzzling.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Am very happy with fbs at the moment.

A relaxing day today - which is actually what I need. We have been gifted a free Zoom Pilates class by our Professional Body to cheer us up as all our businesses have been hit by the pandemic. I have chosen a class this evening run by my two favourite US teachers and am really looking forward to it.

Mr K 's computer has supersonic broadband but mine hasn't. I had booked an engineer's visit with the IT company that looks after our computers but when the engineer rang me he diagnosed that the problem was just that the cable from my computer to the router needed replacing and I don't need an engineer's visit. So am now just waiting for the cable to be delivered.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who try to remember not to use frofanities, but........

A 5.8 this morning.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers some interesting art work to ponder over, Mrs J appears to have forsaken her art work, but in her defence, Mrs J has had her work defined, pots and planters to populate also keeping a watchful eye or several on her current husband of 40 + years.

Today me and me's will repairing a shelf that fell down, it seems I don't put them as securely as I used to, I'm not saying anything about overloading, perhaps I should.

Time to go to other areas of my life, remember the stays, avoid the media and blow raspberries at the word in general.... ( other ranks available ).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like just a tiny bit more than drip drip of rain but not the whole shebang @dunelm

We are influenced by a lot we see when painting.
I might have been looking at up to hundreds of paintings on the internet, or in the internet archive, and then later when I paint it must come through into the painting. We never used to have all this information pre internet days, at the most pre internet it would be a library book.

Great landscape...
Thank you @gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Pine Cone watching does work, both our closed tight at 7pm last night and we had some extremely heavy rain through the night.

Good landscape from you today lots of depth and some inviting mountains to explore.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - the issue with watching pine cones is that they are only concerned about looking at their own - and they are probably located in Mordor.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs being away meant I missed your birthday, so happy belated birthday.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist. It occurs to me that your run of higher fbgs may well be your body letting you know that you may be a tad highly geared lately so it will be applying some quantitative easing hence the inflationary pressure. However, I know zip about bg control but I do like fish, salad, avocado and tea. I hope the Quire event goes off well.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist. It occurs to me that your run of higher fbgs may well be your body letting you know that you may be a tad highly geared lately so it will be applying some quantitative easing hence the inflationary pressure. However, I know zip about bg control but I do like fish, salad, avocado and tea. I hope the Quire event goes off well.
Thanks. A tad chilly here so outside Quire rehearsal is going to see me searching out my cord trousers and woolen waistcoats. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.35am FBG 5.8
A brighter morning than expected with the sun trying to keep through.
Visited our opinionated neighbour and did a very civilised exchange of plants surplus to requirements. BUT, she also, and AGAIN, reminded me about the rules on noise. She so brings out the rebellious teenager in me.
If it wasn't so wet I might have got the mower out, or the chop saw, or the hedge trimmer. Tout est interdit aprés le midi en Samedi et interdit absolutement en Dimanche.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.35am FBG 5.8
A brighter morning than expected with the sun trying to keep through.
Visited our opinionated neighbour and did a very civilised exchange of plants surplus to requirements. BUT, she also, and AGAIN, reminded me about the rules on noise. She so brings out the rebellious teenager in me.
If it wasn't so wet I might have got the mower out, or the chop saw, or the hedge trimmer. Tout est interdit aprés le midi en Samedi et interdit absolutement en Dimanche.
Very civilised the French;)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Very civilised the French;)
Lol this neighbour is an English ex head teacher... maybe thats why she thinks its neccessary to remind me of the rules so frequently.

lindisfel

Expert
Morning all looks to be an half decent day for Fathers.

I may have a look out at c.1430 from a nearby hill when the Red Arrows are due to pass over flying eastwards on their way back from Scotland to Scampton.
D.
Drew a blank, the route from Cockermouth to Armathwaite must have been over Keswick or down a quantum tunnel.

Got to talk to a farmer friend from the farm on top of the nearby drumlin with his spiffing Morgan four wheeler. Red and very well kept like all his classic fleet.

He reckoned Caldbeck was absolutely mobbed with visitors at the Muddy Duck when he came through.
They must be raking the money in, in the Lakes now and going to the banks with wheel barrows.
D.

Ps Asked him if he remembered the Morgan three wheelers? He gave me a hard look but he asked for it cos he pulls my leg. ;)

Last edited: