Slow release metformin

pau1200

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Sorry the not so nice post but I’ve been on slow release for a few years because the normal stuff didn’t agree with me. The slow release is t as bad but for some reason every 2 weeks or so I suffer with loose stools straight after eating. It always lasts for a day or so and seems to be after eating a large meal like a a Sunday dinner or a steak salad. It seems to be the more meat heavy meals. It happens with it 10 minutes of eating. I always take my tablets in the morning and one in the evening so it could be a good 6 hrs after the morning tablet. It’s not all the time but seems to happen every couple of weeks.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It may not necessarily be the Metformin, it is all too easy to blame everything on your diabetes or the medication. It probably would be worth talking to your GP, in case it’s something else completely.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Personally when I had metformin the results were constant not occasionally so it could be something else talk to the GP

But there is no real way to stop it. if it is the metformin the only way is to stop the metformin and try an alternative but again they all have a mix bag of side effects

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Thanks I’ll get an appointment with my Gp

It could be the metformin but IBS could do this

My ex thought she had metformin intolerance stopped it to find she had IBS