Carnivore Corner

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The hacienda chef (i.e. not me!) is asking how you cooked that vision of deliciousness? He is currently working his alchemy on boneless leg of lamb.

Stuck it in a low oven (gas 2, which in reality is lower as my oven runs cool) for a little over an hour (checked internal temp a few times) then seared it on the hob - couple of minutes each side and rotated the thinner edges to get them nice and crisp too.

Enjoy the lamb!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stuck it in a low oven (gas 2, which in reality is lower as my oven runs cool) for a little over an hour (checked internal temp a few times) then seared it on the hob - couple of minutes each side and rotated the thinner edges to get them nice and crisp too.

Enjoy the lamb!

Thanks. We will. It's in the air fryer at 85c doing it's low and slow thing, before ramping up for the last few minutes, for cosmetic reasons.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
boneless leg of lamb
Butterflied? gas barbecue about 7-8 inutes per side.
Thanks. We will. It's in the air fryer at 85c doing it's low and slow thing, before ramping up for the last few minutes, for cosmetic reasons.
If you have a gas barbecue.. butterflied leg is great about 7 -8 minutes per side for a nice pink middle. Check the internal temp fairly regularly.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Butterflied? gas barbecue about 7-8 inutes per side.

If you have a gas barbecue.. butterflied leg is great about 7 -8 minutes per side for a nice pink middle. Check the internal temp fairly regularly.

We do have a gas BBQ, but we haven't used it much of late. MrB has been known to be out there under a brolly, tending it in winter.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone here tried reverse sear for a joint of beef?
I have a 1.3kg boned rib and I’m wondering if that would work or would the length of time taken to get up to temperature in the middle cause drying out of the outside bits
I don’t want to ruin it, I’ve been cooking roast dinners for years but I still haven’t found the perfect roast beef method.

M

Member496333

Only me. More than two years über carnivore now and still going strong. Very few exceptions besides the odd on/off love affair with coffee which will probably be a lifetime struggle. One or two macadamia nut sessions recently but the fibre vandalised my digestive system so won’t be going there again in a hurry.

I gave up tracking blood glucose ages ago as I no longer felt it necessary. Did my first random check in several months the other day and scored a 4.9 on the dice, so I now consider the diabetes permanently beaten and maintained with ease using the carnivore diet. Boring update but my finger prick reminded me of this place and thought I’d pop in and tell everyone I’ll be having a ribeye for dinner :woot:

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only me. More than two years über carnivore now and still going strong. Very few exceptions besides the odd on/off love affair with coffee which will probably be a lifetime struggle. One or two macadamia nut sessions recently but the fibre vandalised my digestive system so won’t be going there again in a hurry.

I gave up tracking blood glucose ages ago as I no longer felt it necessary. Did my first random check in several months the other day and scored a 4.9 on the dice, so I now consider the diabetes permanently beaten and maintained with ease using the carnivore diet. Boring update but my finger prick reminded me of this place and thought I’d pop in and tell everyone I’ll be having a ribeye for dinner :woot:

Blast from the past! Where’s the dinner invites?

Hello and glad to hear it’s all still under excellent control for you for as long as you dodge too many nuts - and stick with the carni lifestyle. Such a long way from where you found protein the issue eh?

Reactions: Member496333

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

Great Jim, that's the point....living life.

Reactions: Member496333

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does this mean it’s bio identical (and nutritionally) ?
You jest, I presume? Even the most realistic painting does not capture the true essence of the subject. It is an artistic representation of what the subject was once.

The article says they reproduce the blood vessels - I ask why? they are nonfunctional. and I do not eat meat for the capillaries. The article also mentions lab-grown meat, which may give a clue. I suspect that anything being extruded through a printer head is pureed to the n'th degree and is totally processed.

They could be removing the "cancer-producing compounds" and claim nutritionally safer than the real thing, but what new chemical compounds are they introducing? We already suffer reformed steaks from reconstituted meat so this is not a major breakthrough. But that process is already being found to give health issues and poor hygiene issues.

If they can use 3D printers to make spaceships, and houses, then making processed food is not beyond the realms of man's abilities. Whether it is safe or nutritious seems to be questionable.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Social Media Survey is at best anecdotal. Tick box survey from the sound of it. Surprised it made academic.oup. Sort of thing Cosmopolitan might have done. Interesting, but not impressed, I'm afraid.

Don't think anyone made any claims more than "it is what it is"..

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is what it is... cutlets done on a bbq.

254119347_1881504425370621_2019817007539575617_n.jpg