Libra Sensor 2 not working

Drummermum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there

I’ve just gone to activate my new sensor and it keeps coming up with the message ‘ your sensor is not working. Please remove your sensor and start a new one’

I’ve never had this before, has anyone else?

Thank you!
IMG_1779_Original.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there

I’ve just gone to activate my new sensor and it keeps coming up with the message ‘ your sensor is not working. Please remove your sensor and start a new one’

I’ve never had this before, has anyone else?

Thank you! View attachment 50088

Hi,

Not me personally to date.
But some have mentioned the filliment hasn't buried under the skin properly on fitting? Thus causing sensor errors or just not activating..

Reactions: Drummermum

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear this looks very good on the TV. I was thinking about getting one myself.

Hi,

The ones advertised on TV I believe are Dexcom.
To be fair, easy to mix them up. Pretty much the same principle on how they work. :)

Drummermum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. This is my eighth one and had no trouble so far and would definitely try the free 14 day trial. I’ll remove it and apply another then get in contact with Libra tomorrow.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. This is my eighth one and had no trouble so far and would definitely try the free 14 day trial. I’ll remove it and apply another then get in contact with Libra tomorrow.

If you've already used an L2 & registered with Libreview? Abbott will not give you the free trial..
Lol, I tried this on back when I was self funding. I had a lovely message (in short.) suggesting I wasn't eligible..

But Abbott should replace your faulty sensor.

Drummermum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you've already used an L2 & registered with Libreview? Abbott will not give you the free trial..
Lol, I tried this on back when I was self funding. I had a lovely message (in short.) suggesting I wasn't eligible..

But Abbott should replace your faulty sensor.

Hi Jaylee. Yes I’ve registered with Libraview and I’m self funding. I did initially try the 14 day free trial and that’s what convinced me to self fund. Worth every penny I think, despite this one not working. Lol.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre kept saying error try again in 10 mins. 10 mins never come. Contacted freestyle they got back to me and told me to answer 17 questions which taken me a good hour to get back to answer them. I answered all the difficult questions eventually. Waiting for a response or replacement now. In the meantime I am running out of libre.

Drummermum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre kept saying error try again in 10 mins. 10 mins never come. Contacted freestyle they got back to me and told me to answer 17 questions which taken me a good hour to get back to answer them. I answered all the difficult questions eventually. Waiting for a response or replacement now. In the meantime I am running out of libre.

Thank you. I’ve contacted them this morning via email, so hopefully I’ll hear back from then my soon.

mumsie147

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear this looks very good on the TV. I was thinking about getting one myself.
I've been using the Libre system for 18 months and would never go back to a glucometer. It has completely transformed my diabetes management. My last HbA1C in January was 59. I can test my blood glucose levels as many times as I need. The drawback is that they get caught on bra straps and door frames and come off, but you learn to deal with this over time. The benefits far outweigh those problems. Abbotts, who make this system, replace any that don't last the full 14 days, though it took nearly 3 weeks and several phone calls last time.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I’ve contacted them this morning via email, so hopefully I’ll hear back from then my soon.
You only have to contact them via the free 0800 number. They reply promptly, ask you a few questions and agree to send you a new sensor. They send it to you with a return bag for the faulty sensor, so don’t throw it away. I’ve had about 5 failures in the last 2 years and it has never been a problem with Abbott.

Lakeslover

I love the system when it works but I’ve had two libre 2 come off and three fail early since March. I now use tegaderm over the top to stop them falling off. Abbott have replaced each one but it takes them over two weeks to do so every time. I’m not impressed with the quality of the sensor or customer service at all.

Drummermum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You only have to contact them via the free 0800 number. They reply promptly, ask you a few questions and agree to send you a new sensor. They send it to you with a return bag for the faulty sensor, so don’t throw it away. I’ve had about 5 failures in the last 2 years and it has never been a problem with Abbott.

Thank you. I spent nearly an hour in the queue (three times) hence why I emailed. Hopefully I’ll hear something back from my email.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had similar experiences. More failed sensors since I moved from Libre 1 to Libre 2. The latest issues was that my sensor lost signal Sunday and would not connect no matter what I tried. When I eventually got through yesterday the person I spoke with got me to do all the things I had already tried several times to no avail. He then suggested I wait another 24 hours to see if things sorted themselves out. I politely declined and he agreed to send me a replacement sensor. His next suggestion was that the problems I had with scanning the sensor (I usually have to scan about 4 times before I get a reading) was due to my technique or my phone. Keep smiling

Herbie1972

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had LOTS of problems with the Libre 2; had to send two back because they were faulty. Such a shame as the 'alarm' is a great idea in theory.

TerriH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Noise, hooligan drivers and most of all rude, selfish and totally inconsiderate people.
I have had 3 Libre 2 sensors fail in the last 10 days. The first 2 were OK for the first day but stopped working on the following day with the message "sensor not active. replace sensor". The third one lasted 6 days and then I got exactly the same message.
I have rung Abbott each time and they have already replaced 2 out of 3, yes you have to wait to speak to someone but if you dial the 0800 170 1177 number the call is free. Libre 2 is definitely less reliable than Libre 1 even with using the reader and Abbott cannot or will not give me an answer as to why this is so but if we all keep insisting on a replacement sensor and phoning every time a sensor fails, perhaps they WILL start to investigate and provide some answers.
I am afraid that all diabetics are not getting the treatment they deserve and need but we have to keep going and self-manage as best we can.
Good luck to all diabetics everywhere -- it is not easy!!!

Drummermum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all. I’ve had a reply via email and they are sending a replacement sensor, which I’m pleased to hear!
Agree completely that it’s a great thing, especially the alarms. I’ve certainly been grateful for the low alert during the night.
I’ve got an appointment for my Hba1c bloods next week so it will be interesting to see if the number has been reduced.