Tight foreskin

Lucask

Hi I'm type 2 and recently I have been suffering from a tight foreskin which will not pull back over the head. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so how did u treat it :(

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Yes, it sounds like Balanitis which is a horrible inflammation of the glans penis, usually caused by thrush under your foreskin.

How good is your BG control? Thrush feeds on the excess sugar in your sweat and urine. You can ease the symptoms with some canestan duo, but you'll need to get your BG sorted to make it go away forever.

I know. I've been there.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds sore Lucask, I would see your gp.

Panda55

I caught cystitis from my wife twice and this happened, treatment was severe but worked and have never regretted it.cut it off.

malky

Like mentioned sounds like it could be a case of thrush, get some canestan duo and if that doesnt work go to your gp. But it is mainly down to BG control I have this now and again when my BG's have been a bit out of contol

Sheffield27

Hi

Im not sure whether it was diabetes related but I had a circumcision about 4 years ago due to same problem - I was aged 23, diabetic since 9,

Never looked back : :wink:

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
A tightness of the skin may also be Phimosis caused by psoriasis its best to get it checked by a doctor as could be treated with a simple steroid cream to needing to have surgery.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sheffield27 said:
Hi

Im not sure whether it was diabetes related but I had a circumcision about 4 years ago due to same problem - I was aged 23, diabetic since 9,

Mine was chopped off when I was born, sounds nasty though.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
BioHaZarD said:
Sheffield27 said:
Hi

What? Your penis? :shock:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
borofergie said:
BioHaZarD said:
Sheffield27 said:
Hi

What? Your penis? :shock:

:lol: :lol: no my polo neck...

martin g

Hi mate before i started on medication this was one of the symptoms i had

the GP said it was a common sign of diabetes

it shrinks the foreskin

My levels are not great and its still a bit tight but nowhere near as bad as it was

there is hope

good luck :wink:

McLovin

I don't have diabetes and I am also not a doctor. I know that diabetes can cause phimosis though. I would certainly first fix the cause then if you do decide to keep your foreskin, you can stretch it back to it's normal size. You just need to do some regular stretching exercises and if you want to help it go quicker you can get a doctor to prescribe you a steroid cream which helps a lot.
I recently created a website with a blog showing my personal progress stretching a pinhole phimosis

Apparently though I can't post a link here to it...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have diabetes and I am also not a doctor. I know that diabetes can cause phimosis though. I would certainly first fix the cause then if you do decide to keep your foreskin, you can stretch it back to it's normal size. You just need to do some regular stretching exercises and if you want to help it go quicker you can get a doctor to prescribe you a steroid cream which helps a lot.
I recently created a website with a blog showing my personal progress stretching a pinhole phimosis

Apparently though I can't post a link here to it...
Hello @McLovin,

You're replying to a thread that's over 9 years old, so I'm hoping the original poster's problem's been solved by now. Links can only be posted to the forum when you've been on it and posting a couple of things, to ward off spammers who pop in, post a link and vanish again.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Jo

McLovin

Hello @McLovin,

You're replying to a thread that's over 9 years old, so I'm hoping the original poster's problem's been solved by now. Links can only be posted to the forum when you've been on it and posting a couple of things, to ward off spammers who pop in, post a link and vanish again.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Jo

Thanks @JoKalsbeek,
I do understand the concern of spam. In my case I did want to post a link to information about the subject, I am not selling any product or scamming people. I do admit though that I got here thanks to SEO tools :) But I am not in it for the money, I am 41 years old and had phimosis all my life and always struggled to get any information on non-circumcision solutions and now that I have a working solution I just kind of want the rest of the world know there are other solutions than amputation :)

I am not an anti-circumcision guy though, my personal opinion about it is that it is the last solution on my list and I was totally stumped at how it comes as the #1 solution way too often before even trying anything else. So, well I don't know if you are an admin or just a member, I would certainly not just post one link and leave, if I can link to relevant information I would take the effort to dig for phimosis related posts and help where I can talking about my own experience treating it. Like I said, I don't have diabetes, but it is a common effect of diabetes and I would be glad to help anyone in this special case. I emailed the site owners about this post, if I am welcome to help, I will help.