What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Watch it Slimlizzy you will be getting lines full of french irregular verbs!
D.
Maybe I should misbehave - if it will help me learn the language.
Hmm... now what would get her going?
Maybe we should wash the car, there are lots of rules about that too

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.4 today

much running around trying to make sure the visit goes well, they are off home again in the morning so there is peace on the horizon :D not that the are onerous visitors but we're not used to the disruption anymore ;)

Roast chicken dinner today with a baked vanilla custard and fresh strawberries for afters (LC choc cake and yoghurt for me), LC 'notella' works fine for adding a touch of lux to my choc cake :D ( 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder and a little truvia mixed together with a touch of vanilla and almond milk to get the texture right - stored in the fridge in a small pot, very quick to make :) might try using LC hazelnut coffee syrup instead of vanilla next time)

We had absolute torrential rain yesterday evening with a river running down the centre of the road outside then a cool, cloudy day today until about an hour ago, now the sky is a lovely blue :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Not on the forum yesterday so may I wish you a Happy belated Birthday @ianpspurs :)
I hope your reader turns up, I usually find searching high and low for something else entirely works best :hilarious:

@SlimLizzy - Mum can be quite funny about what she considers is 'ok' to do in the garden on a Sunday too

@gennepher - lovely bee picture, so full of vibrancy and light :joyful: and your dream studio looks peaceful and remote alright poised over the valley :)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very ethereal and I like the subtle colours in today's landscape and a fine sense of space :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two lovely sketches today thank you :) looks like mrs MC and yourself have made good use of the available weather and a picnic is a fine idea :) Hope the quire practice stays dry ;)

@lindisfel - wow a Morgan, haven't seen one of those for a while :)
When I was a youngling my father had a friend who made spare parts for the three wheelers, Dad used to help him out if he was very busy, (engine or gearbox 'dogs' I think they were called, which used to wear - were they chain drive?), we went along to a meet at Keddleston Hall with dad's friend and I had the honour of riding about in one for a game which involved spearing apples as you raced round a course against the clock. I was the (rather inexpert) speargirl, great fun :D did they used to adorn the v engines with champagne corks for some reason? :sorry:

art bit - I'm afraid I can't find my note of the inspiration for this experiment in colour, painted on Hahnemuhle Britannia :) I'll edit it in if I find it.

upload_2021-6-20_20-31-33.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@SlimLizzy - Mum can be quite funny about what she considers is 'ok' to do in the garden on a Sunday too
Ah. But in France it's the law, no noise after noon on saturday. (Local rules vary, but thats the norm.) Unless you are a farmer ofc. Then you can operate heavy machinery from 4am to midnight. Or all 24 hours if needed.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Ah. But in France it's the law, no noise after noon on saturday. (Local rules vary, but thats the norm.) Unless you are a farmer ofc. Then you can operate heavy machinery from 4am to midnight. Or all 24 hours if needed.
Thats what happens when one writes the rule book oneself.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.35am FBG 5.8
A brighter morning than expected with the sun trying to keep through.
Visited our opinionated neighbour and did a very civilised exchange of plants surplus to requirements. BUT, she also, and AGAIN, reminded me about the rules on noise. She so brings out the rebellious teenager in me.
If it wasn't so wet I might have got the mower out, or the chop saw, or the hedge trimmer. Tout est interdit aprés le midi en Samedi et interdit absolutement en Dimanche.
The rebellious teenager in me would have been dying to come out @SlimLizzy
o_O:D;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

much running around trying to make sure the visit goes well, they are off home again in the morning so there is peace on the horizon :D not that the are onerous visitors but we're not used to the disruption anymore ;)

Roast chicken dinner today with a baked vanilla custard and fresh strawberries for afters (LC choc cake and yoghurt for me), LC 'notella' works fine for adding a touch of lux to my choc cake :D ( 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder and a little truvia mixed together with a touch of vanilla and almond milk to get the texture right - stored in the fridge in a small pot, very quick to make :) might try using LC hazelnut coffee syrup instead of vanilla next time)

We had absolute torrential rain yesterday evening with a river running down the centre of the road outside then a cool, cloudy day today until about an hour ago, now the sky is a lovely blue :)

Not on the forum yesterday so may I wish you a Happy belated Birthday @ianpspurs :)
I hope your reader turns up, I usually find searching high and low for something else entirely works best :hilarious:

@gennepher - lovely bee picture, so full of vibrancy and light :joyful: and your dream studio looks peaceful and remote alright poised over the valley :)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very ethereal and I like the subtle colours in today's landscape and a fine sense of space :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two lovely sketches today thank you :) looks like mrs MC and yourself have made good use of the available weather and a picnic is a fine idea :) Hope the quire practice stays dry ;)

When I was a youngling my father had a friend who made spare parts for the three wheelers, Dad used to help him out if he was very busy, (engine or gearbox 'dogs' I think they were called, which used to wear - were they chain drive?), we went along to a meet at Keddleston Hall with dad's friend and I had the honour of riding about in one for a game which involved spearing apples as you raced round a course against the clock. I was the (rather inexpert) speargirl, great fun :D did they used to adorn the v engines with champagne corks for some reason? :sorry:

art bit - I'm afraid I can't find my note of the inspiration for this experiment in colour, painted on Hahnemuhle Britannia :) I'll edit it in if I find it.

View attachment 50095
Thanks @geefull
This is a stunning vibrant painting. It makes me feel cheerful and hopeful...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drew a blank, the route from Cockermouth to Armathwaite must have been over Keswick or down a quantum tunnel.

Got to talk to a farmer friend from the farm on top of the nearby drumlin with his spiffing Morgan four wheeler. Red and very well kept like all his classic fleet.

He reckoned Caldbeck was absolutely mobbed with visitors at the Muddy Duck when he came through.
They must be raking the money in, in the Lakes now and going to the banks with wheel barrows.
D.

Ps Asked him if he remembered the Morgan three wheelers? He gave me a hard look but he asked for it cos he pulls my leg. ;)
Oh I remember the Morgan 3wheeler @lindisfel
When I was 17 and my brother was 15 years old, in the 1960's, we had a bit of a business going. He wasn't allowed to drive, he wasn't old enough, But I had my full licence. I used to test drive cars, vans, motorcycles for him, and I would give him my opinion whether it was worth buying. My brother was capable of repairing just about anything. One day he asked me to go to a garage to test drive this car. But he didn't warn me what it was.

The garage gave me the keys and led me to a racing green coloured 3 wheeler Morgan. I am looking at horror at this thing. Two wheels at the front and one at the back.I had never seen anything like it before. I take it for a test drive, and just about everything was shot, including the steering. I was lucky to get back to the garage in one piece, and told them my brother would be in contact.

When I got home I gave my brother a very honest opinion on this Morgan, and refused ever to drive it again....

Reactions: lindisfel

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Digital painting in Procreate with inspiration from Zhang Daqian.
I had intended doing a very colourful one, but this black and white one took my attention, and the dawn and sunrise I am watching here from my bedroom is liquid gold. So beautiful...

9939D736-660C-404F-97B0-67B146CD1EC3.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The rebellious teenager in me would have been dying to come out @SlimLizzy
o_O:D;)
My rebellion was of a subtle nature.
I visited her, when she proposed to come to me. Her opportunity for a good nose round and snide comments was lost.:D:rolleyes:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Feel.rested and relaxed this morning. Today, although it is my long day at work, has some nice long breaks so I I will be able to relax and read between classes and 1:1s.

Have got all my food packed up for the day. I have made a lovely cross between a cake and a pancake, with chia seed protein powder, 2:eggs, sweetened with Erythritol and flavoured with the mild Ceylon cinnimon. It is delicious.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.00am FBG 5.9
My shoulder is painful this morning, am really annoyed with myself, letting a moments carelessness destroy all the months of work to rehabilitate it.

On a lighter note there is a female chaffinch busy collecting nesting material from outside my kitchen door. Ironic that she is lining her nest with cat hair.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 50095
Thank you.

Quire went well and kept dry although music director had invested in large marquee for the garden so we would have remained dry, 20 turned up which is all the Quire but 4 all so desperate to sing and play instruments together, good afternoon.

I do like you colour experiment with there are some lovely reflections and bold merges of colour in the sky and a very good use of pale lemon for the cloudless parts, worked wonderfully.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Digital painting in Procreate with inspiration from Zhang Daqian.
I had intended doing a very colourful one, but this black and white one took my attention, and the dawn and sunrise I am watching here from my bedroom is liquid gold. So beautiful...

View attachment 50102
Sunrise sounds superb, dull here but something magical about the flat light today.

I do like your monochrome art today very pleasing on the eye and flows beautifully.

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.00am FBG 5.9
My shoulder is painful this morning, am really annoyed with myself, letting a moments carelessness destroy all the months of work to rehabilitate it.

On a lighter note there is a female chaffinch busy collecting nesting material from outside my kitchen door. Ironic that she is lining her nest with cat hair.
Like for chaffinch and cat hair. Hug for your discomfort and undone healing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6,7 for me today. Another high but definitely caused by a lazy meal after returning from Quire Rehearsal. We had some frozen Five Bean Soup, Consisting of a tin of Five Bean Salad, Tomotoes, grated Courgette and Carrots, seasoned. I usually don't partake of this soup but it was an easy option so I succumbed.:banghead:
A day of sorting and tidying up garden ready for a small tool and potting shed for Mrs MC. Just to clarify it's For her garden tools, not for Mrs MC to be kept in. :)

Daughter arriving for a meal this evening with youngest grandaughter so early meal as it's a school night.

Keep safe and boldly face the day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.35am FBG 5.8
A brighter morning than expected with the sun trying to keep through.
Visited our opinionated neighbour and did a very civilised exchange of plants surplus to requirements. BUT, she also, and AGAIN, reminded me about the rules on noise. She so brings out the rebellious teenager in me.
If it wasn't so wet I might have got the mower out, or the chop saw, or the hedge trimmer. Tout est interdit aprés le midi en Samedi et interdit absolutement en Dimanche.
Ah, the French and their prohibitive weekend rules - a drum kit would suite - or a base sax.