Do you weigh yourself every day?

WasntMe

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay I have arrived in the UK and am quarantined at my sister’s house. There’s barely enough room to swing a cat though my son and I have some resistance bands and a pair of dumbbells. He’s a soccer player and almost 17.

Of course family are plying me with food, none of them are diabetic though both sis and husband are definitely looking a bit porky.

She seems to think that weighing myself daily is a bad idea. Like I see that I put on a kilo since yesterday because we had a pizza. I’m trying hard to drop weight especially since I had a broken pelvis (which is healing now).

What say ye?

Reactions: Sarahjane41

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that I get obsessed with my weight if I do it every day. I try once a month and record it. If NP has a problem with it, she mentions it.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay I have arrived in the UK and am quarantined at my sister’s house. There’s barely enough room to swing a cat though my son and I have some resistance bands and a pair of dumbbells. He’s a soccer player and almost 17.

Of course family are plying me with food, none of them are diabetic though both sis and husband are definitely looking a bit porky.

She seems to think that weighing myself daily is a bad idea. Like I see that I put on a kilo since yesterday because we had a pizza. I’m trying hard to drop weight especially since I had a broken pelvis (which is healing now).

What say ye?
I do, for the trends and the graphs but it’s something to make sure you don’t obsess over as it can become

I also am aware that it can and does fluctuate. Like it said I put on 2kg this morning which is impossible so you have to bear all that in mind and don’t treat fluctuations like that as a bad thing or over emphasise loss either as it goes both ways

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Most days.. my scales are next to the bathroom sink.. if something is wrong I lose weight fast sometimes as much as 20pounds over 2 weeks. So I like to keep an eye on my weight just to watch out for any issues

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Only when I have a diabetes review.
We don’t have any scales big enough to weigh anything heavier than a couple of kg of flour in our house.

Last edited:

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t do daily as you can have too many fluctuations day to day. What I do is a weekly official weight check (that is noted down in my app) and a “mid week weigh-in” just to see if I’m on track.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I stopped many years ago as it gave me anxiety and developed a massive issue with food and an eating disorder- I now weigh myself on the first day of the month - much healthier for me

Reactions: Hertfordshiremum

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's all a matter of preference I reckon. If you are an anxious person that is going to react negatively to every ounce you've gained, then no. Same with anything I suppose, that's why some people don't test glucose levels as often as others, no right or wrong here.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer to be guided by my meter. If I stay low carb my weight stays down and I don't need scales.
Sounds like @WasntMe problem is more that relatives are feeding her the wrong things. Perhaps she needs to explain that carbs are like poison or an allergy to her and she will not be eating them.

I did manage a pizza bought for me as a "treat" by only eating the topping. Still a spike but not as high or as long

Lva1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I weigh myself most days however I agree it can become obsessive. Always try and switch to weekly but it's a bit of a habit now!!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Yes every morning first thing as well as test BG.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
II weigh myself every morning, start with urination, wash hands, weigh myself, blood pressure, temp, SpO2,.

I have a problem with fluid retention so have to keep an eye on fluid intake which I am rationed to 1.5 ltrs a day in winter, 2.0 ltrs in summer.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Yes, but I measure progress by the week. If I’m cutting or massing, I make adjustments weekly, usually by 250 calories, either from exercise or diet.

im not ultra precise measuring my calories or macros. But I am an ultra boring eater, i pretty much eat similar meals so I kinda know where I need to change things.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Nope I’m one of life’s lucky people I can eat a massive amount and don’t put weight on well not what I should for the amount I eat , I have same size waist as when I was 18 , so my scales stays in the cupboard at the top of the stairs ,

Reactions: coby

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't weigh in every day/two days. I don't like seeing the swings up, even though the downs are then more fun!