What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Gennepher, you and geeful of the 'spearing of apples fame' must have been girls who didnt mind taking on a challenge when you were young?

I just hope my grandson doesn't take the risks I did.
:)
Oh they take risks all right @lindisfel , I didn't get to be told (by my children) until some 30 years or so had lapsed from the date of the risks...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Too late:arghh: In mitigation it appears to offer plenty of fibre:woot::woot: and protein:woot::woot: with an impressive array of nutes and vits:woot::woot: - may save me buying expensive vit and nute pils and whey protein powder. My, just to keep things regular, dockey - (11 zeeeees? for non East Anglians) Porridge (flaxseed (3.5 tsps), inulin (2 tsps) , 170 gms Fage 0% and 30 gms raspberries, with 150 gms hot water) may be strengthened with that . You need to relax @alf_Josiah a world leading plan - version 954380000000, is on the way from Trotters Plans Plc. Good day for gifts and cards for you as well yesterday @dunelm. I have an experience, Pike fishing on the Norfolk Broads with all 3 sons later this summer.
Actually, you might quite like the chia seed protein powder. I bought it for the same reason you have and was quite surprised that I liked it. Hemp seed protein powder was not very nice at all - so I was surprised that the Chia seed protein powder was good.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, you might quite like the chia seed protein powder. I bought it for the same reason you have and was quite surprised that I liked it. Hemp seed protein powder was not very nice at all - so I was surprised that the Chia seed protein powder was good.
I once tried hemp seeds - a very brief taste before the spittoon. My porridge obviously has 3.5 tablespoons of flaxseed not teaspoons.

lindisfel

Expert
Apparently they are trying to use hemp in carbon capture from atmospheric co2.
They are using hydroponics and very little water is lost. Its an extremely vigorous and multi use plant and it shouldn't be necessary to cycle it to co2 again. Fabrics, industrial diamonds, carbon materials and the rest are possible imitating the oil based economy.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a miserable start to a Monday stolen from the middle of November here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s not working Frank, you are just not summer material.
The wonder wheel of mince and dumplings (I had cauliflower instead of the dumplings) came in at 5.4 this am.

Longest day so 16hrs and about 38min to get loads done - mind you, I missed the kick off, just before 5, so am sitting on the bench trying to look peeved.
Cards - who got cards yesterday? Well done. I also got some wine and a t-shirt - nice. Best bit was a visit from youngest grandchild who wanted to play ‘kick the ball’ and show off her improving balancing acts.
Looks like the Chancellor has his beady eyes on your pension in order to pay for Brexit, oops, The Pandemic. Best get your £1 million pension lifetime allowance cashed in now and buy a speedboat.

Art bit - cliffs - a la fu baoshi. Have as wonderful a day as you can. I must make koffy and then wake Mrs Miggins.

View attachment 50104
Don't talk to me about pensions! Gordon Brown robbed mine so this mob might as well put in the finishing touches.:(

Great mountain pass, I can see the horsemen galloping through in full battle cry.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh dear - take it easy with that shoulder. Cat hair birds nest - sounds like a recipe for soup.
I would love a take it easy day, however it's not happening yet, still loads to do. MrSlim manages a quick whizz round on the mower in between the sun and the rain. Excellent timing. Thunderous rain accompanied our efforts to erect new shelving in the barn, reorganize stored items onto said shelves and.... Hey! We can see the floor.
Oh look, there is still some mud left from the flood last year. I never claimed to have cleared it all.
@lindisfel In between we had another sighting of the hoglet. Out a bit early at 4pm, but not sufficiently hungry to take cat biscuits. Perhaps it was disturbed by the mowing? MrSlim is now under strict orders to be hoglet aware while strimming. I do hope it's not living inside the walls.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

the weather's quite chilly here today and it's a quiet day at home for us, Mum was seeing her visitors off at the garden gate at 10.30am then going back to bed for a couple of hours :)

mr gee and I are in the process of replacing the rather rotted half barrel container of plants at the corner with a new half barrel, surprising amount of soil in it to remove but we got some slates put down for the base to stand it on and the new tub placed and refilled. We've watered it and left it to settle before we put plants in it so hopefully plants will go in tomorrow :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - your Zhang Daquian inspiration has produced a subtle and effective piece of art, I like it and I see Popeye is still protecting your inspiration ;)

@SlimLizzy - hope your shoulder settles quickly

@dunelm - splendid cliffs today, I especially like the distant vista too :)

@Muddy Cyclist - glad the quire rehearsal went well :)

art bit - painted on Hahnemuhle Britannia

upload_2021-6-21_22-0-19.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.2 today

the weather's quite chilly here today and it's a quiet day at home for us, Mum was seeing her visitors off at the garden gate at 10.30am then going back to bed for a couple of hours :)

mr gee and I are in the process of replacing the rather rotted half barrel container of plants at the corner with a new half barrel, surprising amount of soil in it to remove but we got some slates put down for the base to stand it on and the new tub placed and refilled. We've watered it and left it to settle before we put plants in it so hopefully plants will go in tomorrow :)

@gennepher - your Zhang Daquian inspiration has produced a subtle and effective piece of art, I like it and I see Popeye is still protecting your inspiration ;)

View attachment 50109
Thanks @geefull

A good days work repotting that container...

Your painting is brilliant. I love it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I woke up at 1.30 am, but I had gone to bed at 7pm. I could not get back to sleep again. So I got up at 2 am. I needed to move about a bit and then try again to see if I can get back to sleep, because I was trying hard to make sure I was having enough sleep. It was a horrid grey day yesterday, an energy sapping day.

I am now in the kitchen, boiling the water for a cuppa, when I went out into the front garden to look at the stars for a moment.

There was a cat sitting in the road looking at me, and I started to walk towards it. But it got up on to it's legs and begins to walk towards me. And I am thinking this is a very large cat, bigger than any in our road...

Then the street light catches it. Ooops, it's a badger. But the badger continues to walk towards me. Friendly, like it is expecting this human to feed it. And I am thinking more 'ooops'....it was a very curious badger. And its legs were very long. The badgers I see around here don't have the short stubby legs you generally see in photos of badgers.

I knew I couldn't run indoors fast enough, so I put my hands on my hips. Badger stops in its tracks. Finally badger takes a few steps down the road, and turns again, it's face still seeming to ask me if I have food. This went on a few mins. Finally badger turns down the next road.

Painting in Procreate...A Curious Badger.
B1D87732-89BE-4683-9CC7-19BFDD5951A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

View attachment 50109
Another well painted land/seascape in your signature style. You capture the light so well on the water and the hills as usual are just magnificent, I enjoy these painting so much.

I hope the planting goes well.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I woke up at 1.30 am, but I had gone to bed at 7pm. I could not get back to sleep again. So I got up at 2 am. I needed to move about a bit and then try again to see if I can get back to sleep, because I was trying hard to make sure I was having enough sleep. It was a horrid grey day yesterday, an energy sapping day.

I am now in the kitchen, boiling the water for a cuppa, when I went out into the front garden to look at the stars for a moment.

There was a cat sitting in the road looking at me, and I started to walk towards it. But it got up on to it's legs and begins to walk towards me. And I am thinking this is a very large cat, bigger than any in our road...

Then the street light catches it. Ooops, it's a badger. But the badger continues to walk towards me. Friendly, like it is expecting this human to feed it. And I am thinking more 'ooops'....it was a very curious badger. And its legs were very long. The badgers I see around here don't have the short stubby legs you generally see in photos of badgers.

I knew I couldn't run indoors fast enough, so I put my hands on my hips. Badger stops in its tracks. Finally badger takes a few steps down the road, and turns again, it's face still seeming to ask me if I have food. This went on a few mins. Finally badger turns down the next road.

View attachment 50111
Painting the moment, fierce beast, brilliant. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today. Mrs MC cooked a quiche for the meal with daughter and I ate the too much of the crusty Pastry.

A Muddy Cycle ride then more garden tidying before off to horse show to see Grandaughters Jumping their ponies.

Keep safe get the most from your day.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

View attachment 50109
thank you @geefull and a good job with that half barrel - we did similar earlier in the year - loads of soil. Another splendid painting from you - I like your style, it makes me yearn for these places.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 50111
The curious tale of the long legged badger caught splendidly in this piece.

Reactions: Krystyna23040