Bleeding after injecting insulin

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the responses they've been helpful and reassuring. It is easy to get into panic mode over small things if you don't have a lot of experience with them.

een1968

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been diabetic now for nearly 20 years and this also happens to me sometimes. You need to rotate injection sites and make sure you change your needles as blunt needles will also cause bleeding/ bruising. If your still worried talk to your diabetes team.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the responses they've been helpful and reassuring. It is easy to get into panic mode over small things if you don't have a lot of experience with them.
Injecting for over 50 years and still sometimes draw a little blood but never worry about it.

Ray 37

Yea i thought i was doing my insulin wrong it was a small dot of blood i wipe and cleaned it but im new to taking insulin im glaf its jus 10mg i gotta take but its a struggle i git anxiety i have to calm myself down before i inject myself

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Thanks for this discussion. It reassured me .

Jea Lopez

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, tonight after injecting my insulin, I'm using lantus at the moment, I started bleed after I removed the needle. I may have put the needle a bit deep, I was using a site on my stomach. This hasn't happened before. I'm still new to treating my diabetes, it has only been three or four weeks now since diagnosis , and am concerned that some of the insulin may have leaked out while I was bleeding. I put a Kleenex over the site immediately and stopped the bleeding so hopefully most of it stayed in. I know enough not give myself a second dose. Any advice?
i am who is injecting insulin to my mom and i injected on her thigh. A little blood leak out and im kinda panicking because it never happened too. but based on the replies i guess it is not that alarming.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i am who is injecting insulin to my mom and i injected on her thigh. A little blood leak out and im kinda panicking because it never happened too. but based on the replies i guess it is not that alarming.

Not alarming, perfectly normal, happens to me regularly. Sometimes followed by bruising. A small capillary has been hit.