Type 2 Bloods after a month on LCHFD

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything been going ok past 4 weeks. I have almost cut all cabs out of my diet as it seems pointless as anything over 6-7 carbs at a time does not leave alot of options other than a riveta at 3.5 grams with a protein on it :)

Slowly increasing my fats so i am not feeling hungry with what i am eating and seems to working out ok. I had 2 big chops with salt and pepper on, brocolli and a coffee with cream, before the meal it was 5.5, 1hr after meal it was 6.1 then 2 hrs after meal it was back to 5.5. Looks like the diet is doing its job but not sure if i need to have more of a rise over the 2 hr peroid or is it fine as it is.

I want to make sure i am not getting into any bad habits early on or doing anything wrong that might bite me in the ass later on :). I have lost a stone and a half almost so it seems to be to good to be true so just checking in with this great place for advice :happy:

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUOTE="ultradad, post: 2414277, Looks like the diet is doing its job but not sure if i need to have more of a rise over the 2 hr peroid or is it fine as it is.[/QUOTE]

Nope! The rise of '2' post meal is a maximum, sometimes I have no rise or end up lower than to begin with. All perfectly acceptable. x

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that KK123, will just carry on what i am doing :)

Reactions: KK123

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @ultradad
Looks like the diet is doing its job but not sure if i need to have more of a rise over the 2 hr peroid or is it fine as it is

I've toyed with what's acceptable & what's not for some time now.
The aim of the game is to avoid complications, we are told that <7.8 2 hours after eating is normal but that's based on the 75g OGTT, it's not real world eating.
I figure the best way to avoid the nasties is to run with blood sugars the same as non-diabetics.
Now with the advent of CGMs we can see what normal blood glucose looks like.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...ine-normal-glucose-the-results-are-in.182221/
So they have an average glucose of 5.5mmol/L, an A1c of 5.1%(32) & only spend 30 mins per day >7.8.
That's what I aim for & I adjust my diet accordingly.

Reactions: OrsonKartt