Freestyle libre scanner not working

ArchieDale

Anyone on here using freestyle libre. I just set up a new scanner but initially set it up using my phone. After 1 hour it is working fine on my phone however if I try to scan it on my sensor I get an error saying that the sensor is already in use and cannot be used with this one. Does any one know of any ways to fix this.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone on here using freestyle libre. I just set up a new scanner but initially set it up using my phone. After 1 hour it is working fine on my phone however if I try to scan it on my sensor I get an error saying that the sensor is already in use and cannot be used with this one. Does any one know of any ways to fix this.
If you scan with your phone first you cannot use the reader.
If you scan with the reader first you can scan with your phone as well.

If you use a Libre2 the alarms will only work on the device you first scanned with.

There is no way to fix this except wait two weeks and scan the reader first with your next sensor.

Reactions: TerriH

dilema

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Crowds, football, shellfish
Also be aware if you have the Freestyle Libre 2 the alarms won't work on your phone and so you must scan with the Libre sensor first and then your phone

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Also be aware if you have the Freestyle Libre 2 the alarms won't work on your phone and so you must scan with the Libre sensor first and then your phone
The alarms do work on your phone if you scan with your phone first. It's just that you cannot use the reader anymore if you do this.

Getting_Fit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The alarms do work on your phone if you scan with your phone first. It's just that you cannot use the reader anymore if you do this.

I did not know this! I am currently switching and that’s quite the pain as relies on 100% battery security on phone. I always had the reader with me as a back up - thanks go info

Reactions: Antje77

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I did not know this! I am currently switching and that’s quite the pain as relies on 100% battery security on phone. I always had the reader with me as a back up - thanks go info

I just means you you need to keep more of an eye on keeping your phone charged

In 10 years my battery has never gone flat between quick charges in the car etc I alway get through the day