Trulicity

patkenny43

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have agreed to try out this once a week injection and I would like to hear people's experience of this drug I have read some horrific review,s and I would like to know what foods to avoid and your recommendations for a sympathetic diet whilst taking this drug.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Trulicity is normally prescribed if T2 and overweight. A low-carb diet is the best approach to get weight down and I believe is still OK with Trulicity. If you can get any excess weight down thru low-carbing you may find there is no need for the Trulicity?

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I Can't remember if it was Trulicity, or one of its sister drugs, but I was tried on this several years ago, I didn't have any side effects, but it didn't work for me either! I just sat under my skin as a lump & wasn't absorbed into my system (3 months later it was still there)

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Hello

I'm week 10 on trulicity and I've lost 3 stone !!!!! I'm down to 20g of carbs minimal sugar and low fat, I've added a bit more dairy this week.

At the start I suffered terrible bloating and constipation but it's all balanced out, I used peppermint tea and soulable fibre supplements fybrogel. Now I have tested my bloods regularly and know what I can tolerate. I did have loose bowels last week on n off sorry if tmi!!!! But I ate too much fruit.

Keto diet is good and there is loads of information on here and you can google loads too. I've got cholesterol too so i cant have the fat and cream.

They make me feel fuller when i eat and I've stopped binge eating lots of willpower needed, I do have fibre one bars for my sweet tooth and still want chocolate but I dont buy any so cant have it.

Spicy food upset my stomach too but now adding seasoning and vinaigrette dressing to my meals.

You get tons of support on here, everyone is really helpful too.

Good luck xx

Reactions: Beelady

jenfoolery

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've been on it for a while and I have not had a lot of side effects. The first time I used it I was a little gassy but it was nothing compared to starting Metformin back in the day. I sometimes - but not always - get an itchy patch around the injection site. My doctor has seen it and isn't concerned. It hasn't gotten any worse, so I don't think it's really much of a reaction. I think it has helped with reducing my appetite, which has long been a problem for me. I'm also taking glipizide and I think both of these things poking on my pancreas are not good long-term so I'm hoping that through better diet control I can come off one of them. I usually take it just before bed so that I'm not doing a lot of sitting/standing/bending or wearing a waistband that might irritate the injection spot.

Reactions: optimist1