Libre 2

Elaine karen

Can I just ask has anyone had a problem when applying the libre. Replaced 1 two weeks ago and my arm bled so had to change it and send it back. I thought it maybe a one off but changed it this morning and it's happened again. So put my last sensor on and it's done the same. I've phone libre and they are sending ne 2 more replacements. I never had thus problem at the beginning, been using it for 5 months. Has anyone else had thus problem I'm so upset bcos don't want to go back to finger pricking.many tganjs

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I’ve only had one bleed*, but it was quite a shock because the blood initially squirted in a thin jet through the centre hole of the sensor. The needle must have punctured a vein. However, it quickly stopped.

The sensor worked perfectly well.

*This is once in four years’ use.

Reactions: Elaine karen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I've had a few rare bleeders with Libre 1&2.
Didn't notice the first time till I removed the Bluetooth bridge to recharge it & noticed a blood stain?
Allow it to settle & all should work fine..

Oddly, my boss who has a T1 son asked the same question last week? "That thing on your arm,Is it normal for them to bleed."
Occasionally they do, but persevere.. Sometimes they can get a little scatty with the readings for a short while? If that doesn't settle, then change it..