Not sure where to start

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Ok so I’ve bought some things I can keep in car so if I need something I can eat and go and if I don’t need them all good.
Corned beef (hopefully a bit salty too so they might help)
Sugar free jelly. Then I can have a bit so if I need a taste it might help
Brazil nuts
Those tuna pots with lemon etc.
Again protein so hopefully if I need it it’s there.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@woollygal - I look at it in a way others haven't expressed here, in that I consider if I'm not eating carbs, I don't have access to a quick hit of sugar for energy, so I need to fuel differently. The proteins and fats we eat take longer to become energy, but they do become energy in their own time. By energy I mean fuel, as opposed to Tigger style bouncy, bouncy get up and go.

In essence, in your shoes, I would try to increase my breakfast a bit. If not add by adding another rasher of bacon, an egg or whatever, then maybe by having some yoghurt too. If you have that early enough, it will turn to fuel in due course. The timing is very personal, as our digestions all work at different paces.

Might be worth thinking about.

Reactions: jjraak and VashtiB

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
@woollygal - I look at it in a way others haven't expressed here, in that I consider if I'm not eating carbs, I don't have access to a quick hit of sugar for energy, so I need to fuel differently. The proteins and fats we eat take longer to become energy, but they do become energy in their own time. By energy I mean fuel, as opposed to Tigger style bouncy, bouncy get up and go.

In essence, in your shoes, I would try to increase my breakfast a bit. If not add by adding another rasher of bacon, an egg or whatever, then maybe by having some yoghurt too. If you have that early enough, it will turn to fuel in due course. The timing is very personal, as our digestions all work at different paces.

Might be worth thinking about.
I did do that Saturday but I only did 2 hours so didn’t really notice it. I do eat a lot of breakfast byway, 3 eggs and 2 bacon in butter.
But im trying ti tomorrow.
Also I’m adding pink salt to everything
Tea, food, water

Reactions: AndBreathe

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did do that Saturday but I only did 2 hours so didn’t really notice it. I do eat a lot of breakfast byway, 3 eggs and 2 bacon in butter.
But im trying ti tomorrow.
Also I’m adding pink salt to everything
Tea, food, water

It'll not be an instant fix. Your body needs to get used to it.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Ok so I’ve bought some things I can keep in car so if I need something I can eat and go and if I don’t need them all good.
Corned beef (hopefully a bit salty too so they might help)
Sugar free jelly. Then I can have a bit so if I need a taste it might help
Brazil nuts
Those tuna pots with lemon etc.
Again protein so hopefully if I need it it’s there.

I used to keep tins of sardines in the car with a fork. The ones in olive oil keep me going for hours