Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Regular Tuesday afternoon appointments now but consultant wasnt there for the last one.
The wound is almost dry and its filling in nicely although it's not going to look good when the bandages finally come off.
Happy to hear it's healing! I think it's more important the thumb will work well again than if it's pretty.
You'll need to get a good story to go with the weird looking thumb though, something involving wolves or sharks or such, the current story is a bit disappointing. ;)

Reactions: urbanracer

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Regular Tuesday afternoon appointments now but consultant wasnt there for the last one.
The wound is almost dry and its filling in nicely although it's not going to look good when the bandages finally come off.
Hi Urb,

Glad to hear you are gradually on the mend..

I agree with @Antje77 regarding development of a back story.

This poor guy below didn't fair to well...

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just tripped over this comedy sketch about being an older metal fan at a concert..

Not a dissimilar experience i had whilst I discovered a band called "Korn" at Download a few years back..
Who are these? Oh, they seem quite popular & the kids wanna kill eachother to get front view....

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I now have a flat of organic blueberries a girlfriend sent me. I didn't think they would make the trip and told her they might not because of the length of time it takes to get here, but her friend owns a farm they grow them on and she wanted to try. Looking at the box they came in which was purple and damp and supposed to have arrived on Saturday, I thought they were a mess. But I opened them up and she packed them into small baggies with bubble wrap around them all. So obviously some got squished and leaked, but not very many. They looked pretty good. The only thing is, I think they only have a couple of "good" days left, so I held out a couple of salad bowls worth to eat and I am freezing the rest. I will look forward to cooking some to put over ice cream! Or just to eat a cooked bowl!

I am glad I like to eat a lot of fruit lol, people seem to be supplying me a lot lately and not in small quantities!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1617724554555.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Snorkeling again today! And I went to over 13 by the time I got out 3 hours later. Sigh this is getting frustrating. I am actually contemplating doing an increase basal rate for when I am swimming. I have the Libre to scan my Bg level when I am out there so it's not as scary as it sounds. I hate going that high while exercising!

On the good side, lots of turtles today. I guess they liked the weather too. Beautiful sunny day, warm water, no strong currents, just one big swimming pool!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello to everyone
I’ve not been on for a wee while

I won’t drone on and on

Last Thursday morning was driving northbound on the M6 I became unwell later diagnosed as a heart ️ attack

I managed to drive 2 miles to Tebay Services

Was taken to hospital in Carlisle

Fitted a stent into my heart

Discharge home Sunday afternoon

Tuesday morning took a funny turn readmitted hospital Tuesday morning

I’m still in hospital but I’m still alive

Scary to think that this time last Thursday morning I was starting to go through hell

Reactions: urbanracer

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello to everyone

I won’t drone on and on

Last Thursday morning was driving northbound on the M6 I became unwell later diagnosed as a heart ️ attack

Scary to think that this time last Thursday morning I was starting to go through hell
Oh cumbs thank god your ok now you take care my friend you have not had it easy these past couple of years big hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery xx

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So sorry to hear that @Cumberland. How frightening for you. So glad you managed to get to the services and get help. Really sorry you're back in hospital again, and hope and pray that you soon feel better. Sending hugs and hope they're looking after you well. Take care, and let us know how you're doing xx

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, busy week here with all kinds of things, though thankfully nothing remotely like you, @Cumberland! Sorry to hear you've been in the wars, hope they sort you out completely and that you're back on your feet very soon. Many hugs!

I've been doing various things with my dog, including puppy class at which she whined every time she was asked to sit still. She's just turned two - where did that time go?! - and won't be fully mature for another year at least. They're known as slow developers, though I've never come across a whinger before, mine or anyone else's. I'm not sure that's a habit she'll ever break. But mostly she's happy, fun, and very good company, so I'm not complaining too much. Just a bit....

Have a good Friday all, I'm off to do some gardening.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello to everyone

I won’t drone on and on

Hi @Cumberland ,

Sorry to read this. Sounds like you heve been put through the ringer..

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.