DAPAGLIFLOZIN

Lefteris

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anybody using this as it's been suggested to me but I'm concerned about particular side effects e.g. fungal infections of genitals, balanitis and Fourniers Gangrene (that may be rare apparently)

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I used it for apx four weeks and it works well but my kidney function dropped to 32% so stopped

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Lefteris and welcome to the forums. No doubt you'll get more comments soon, but I'll ask the obvious questions first. Feel free to answer them or not, but you'll get better advice if you do.

What kind of diabetes do you have and how long have you had it? What other medication are you on for your diabetes? And what sort of diet are you eating? (Many of the T2s on these forums eat lower carbs in order to control their bgs by diet rather than medication, so that might be an option for you if you don't want to escalate your medication.) My apologies if I'm assuming that you are T2 incorrectly.

And while you are waiting for more replies, feel free to look at the many threads on this drug in the forum
Search Results for Query: DAPAGLIFLOZIN | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community

(And any of the other threads that take your fancy :). There's plenty to look at, and post in, if you wish,)

boronursey

Anybody using this as it's been suggested to me but I'm concerned about particular side effects e.g. fungal infections of genitals, balanitis and Fourniers Gangrene (that may be rare apparently)
I have been on this for 2 years now... It has helped keeping bg levels down but I do struggle with regular genital infections both internally and externally.. Currently waiting for blood tests to be done to check levels.. Covid having put them back.. Hope this helps

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on it for over 5 years with zero problems, my main advise is to drink, drink, and drink some more, doesn't matter what, tea, coffee, water, sugar free squash, I even drink diet pop. It works by holding the excess sugars in your wee, so can make you more susceptible to UTI's. Keto diets aren't advised, but low(er) carbs are ok (due to the risk of DKA)

MissTam

I had euglycemic dka earlier this year with these meds. I was only on it for 4 days. While it might be a rare adverse reaction , and it seems to work great for many, I would suggest having ketone test strips on hand in case you don’t feel well if taking it. Also I know someone who had to stop taking it due to UTIs

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Been taking this for a few months now, no negative effects for me so far, not sure if I have any positive effects either though. Doc gave me wee strips to keep an eye out for keytones and dka but to be honest haven’t used them, still here *shrug*