ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm lower carbing than before - compared to some people on here, I'm still consuming a good amount of carbs but for someone who lived on rice, pasta, bread etc before being diagnosed, this is a huge step down for me. In time, I will probably reduce it further but right now, I'm just going to stick with where I am and see where it takes me - it cannot be worse than the way I was living before
True. Well done. Myself I'd wished I'd experimented more in my youth with low carbing but over the years on the forum I've had a great adventure and discovery with its affects on my body. I'm hugely more confident with my weight (even though I couldn't outrun my huge hunger on huge amounts of insulin so I had a bypass 2yrs ago).
Low carbing for me wasn't enough. I have to have low calorie AND low carbing to lose weight. My weight loss was due mainly to loss of most of my insulin as a result of low carbing and low calorie. I'm nearly 8st less than my highest weight. I tipped 23st.
This thread has been hugely effective in giving me accountability.
Use it as often as you need. I'm not on as regularly as I was but many members are. We all help each other, as much as we can. You sound like you know your body's response to how to lose weight very well. I struggled hugely with that for decades. I'm not sure IF I'll be able to lose anymore weight but I'm always trying. Healthily.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
72.75kg
Slightly up but well within fluctuation levels so all good

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
95.4 kg. I am starting to slim out more than the weight loss must be the meat only diet starting to kick in :)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
68.5 kg scales were stuck for about 4 weeks, no gain or loss but started to budge again so pleased. Had a calf injury from a run, so had orders to rest. All okay now so but back on it again.

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
I was so pleased this morning,
I lost 4 lbs this week, surprised me.

Reactions: Lainie71

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Like reading a stock chart - 97.5
AEE2E32B-814B-4EE9-AD65-B1D5DAF1D361.jpeg

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
83.4 (loss of 1kg this week) Starting 9th week of PE Ratio diet and been very happy with results to date

Reactions: LindaManville

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 50.1kg hoping to maintain about 50kg
Errant 4.3kg I am very pleased with his progress. He is starting to explore his new physical capabilities. In this environment there are so many possibilities, it's good to see him experimenting. Sometimes he looks up at trees as if thinking about trying to get up one, but I think that's a way off yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up from 23 stone 4.25lbs to 23 stone 6lbs. Disappointed in that, given I've walked a lot more this week (even though I was not on my best behaviour on Monday).

Hoping some of it has changed to muscle rather than just sitting around my gut again. Did manage to get into a new pair of 48" skinny jeans which it has been a long time since I've been able to do that though!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still 96.7kg but I'd like to be 95 straight. That's my aim and if I can manipulate my insulin need so I can stop basal insulin. I feel hopeful but not sure how long it will take.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Only just realised that this forum is here. I struggle with weight loss and to a lesser extent now, with BG control. The BG improvement, although not wonderful, is noticeable and is due to almost zero carbs and 2 meals a day, but that doesn't help with the weight. Much of the weight is due to fluid retention, but not all of it. Currently I am fluctuating between 17 st 2 lb and 17 st 8 lb. My doctors (some of them, anyway) keep telling me to lose weight but my dietician tells me that it is impossible to lose weight on insulin. I think it might, at least, encourage me if I could pop into this forum from time to time, so I hope you all won't mind if I do that.

Reactions: DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weight 50.6kg lost a bit.
Errant 4.6kg.

@ickihun well done you, and best wishes for successful operations. Hope it's all sorted out soon.
Thanks. So far so good. No diet change but I was in a lot of pain. Before and after but I can now turn around and get off bed and chair on my own now. I did too much on Friday so I paid for it yesterday. I think my blood pressure was all over the place. I hv nurse calling me tomorrow as I hv some concerns but I think not serious. So I'm relaxed and healing.
Your roller-coaster is not so dramatic now? I wish you all the luck in the world as sometimes it's getting fresh eyes to have a look to get the best results. Stay safe. :) :) :) ps. I lost a little whilst I was ill but seemed to hv keep that weight off. Not much but approx. 6lb off since my last diabetic weigh in. Unit will be pleased. Its a slow process but hoping to sustain it once I'm off insulin. No bolus insulin now. Which is a huge achievement for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm only on 3.5units of insulatard insulin X2 daily now. I'm feeling optimistic and seeing freedom on the horizon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Only just realised that this forum is here. I struggle with weight loss and to a lesser extent now, with BG control. The BG improvement, although not wonderful, is noticeable and is due to almost zero carbs and 2 meals a day, but that doesn't help with the weight. Much of the weight is due to fluid retention, but not all of it. Currently I am fluctuating between 17 st 2 lb and 17 st 8 lb. My doctors (some of them, anyway) keep telling me to lose weight but my dietician tells me that it is impossible to lose weight on insulin. I think it might, at least, encourage me if I could pop into this forum from time to time, so I hope you all won't mind if I do that.
You can lose weight on insulin.

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I normally do my weigh-in's on Wednesdays - last Wednesday was 170.8. Will wait until Friday of next week and post again then.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My best so far 96.9kgs this evening. I'm on 5½units and 6½ units of insulatard insulin and 2x500mg of Metformin. No novarapid for 3+days. :) :) :)
I guess I'm still swollen from gallbladder removal and other abdominal surgery. So.... I might lose more after all.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is my first weigh in :). I am 2 weeks in as a new type 2 and i am down to 101kg. Lightest i have been for a long time. Nice side effect of keeping an eye on my bloods :). I have settled on about 6 grams of carbs a day (a riveta at night is my carbs) and am feeling better for it. As for exercise doing nothing special just go for a walk with the dogs when its nice
How are you @ultradad? I bet your storming this?