Forum SUPERSTAR goes global.. a great watch for the newly diagnosed.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't get on the forum yesterday.. said error every time I tried. Apologies for the delay.

Check out Ancel Keys info online. Basically it's down to him that fat was alienated from what I can understand.

3 macros - carbs protein and fat. So if you are avoiding fat you eat more carbs and protein. So much more sugar in the diet then for our insulin to contend with as per attached. That's why low carb is so good for diabetics.
Thank you. I only saw that graph in the last year really wish I would have seen it 15 years ago!

Would you mind sharing what you usually eat if you feel comfortable? I need some ideas as I like to always stay under 5.0/ 5.3 tops which I’m finding tricky without starving myself.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I only saw that graph in the last year really wish I would have seen it 15 years ago!

Would you mind sharing what you usually eat if you feel comfortable? I need some ideas as I like to always stay under 5.0/ 5.3 tops which I’m finding tricky without starving myself.

These are old now but will give you an idea. Keep meaning to update.

You certainly don't need to starve. I eat plenty and maintain my weight nicely. It's all in what you eat re blood sugar control (and trying to eliminate stress and get a good night's sleep. Meds can put up too as well as illness which I found when I had covid).

I have a good variety of food, I just don't eat pasta rice potatoes cereal. Only really eat berries fruit wise. No fruit juice. I do eat a little bread but stick to lowest carb when I do fancy a slice, and we make our own.

I include bread options on my swaps sheet as I hand this leaflet out to people who would find it too challenging to give up bread. Making better choices makes all the difference to bs control, especially if you eat a lot of bread as some do that I work with.

Hope this helps a little.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703-165414_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-165414_Gallery.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20210703-170738_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-170738_Gallery.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20210703-170923_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-170923_Drive.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 97
Last edited: