The new trials for Micro pancreas cure

Steveco65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've seen news articles that state Isreal are pioneering a new "Cure" for diabetes which harnesses nano technology by implanting micro pancreas cells that produce insulin as a normal pancreas would and negates the need for insulin injections. The trials should be starting soon, with the aim of delivering it to the market by 2024, so I really hope that something comes from this.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is tremendous news. The study I thought most likely to be first to market was the Mount Sinai drug combination therapy reporting 5%-8% beta cell proliferation per treatment. I believe they were to start simian drug trials just before Covid so hopefully that can get back on track soon. Exciting times.

Reactions: Steveco65

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Whilst it would be cool, it must be said I'm not holding my breath, not going to believe anything til I actually see it.

Over the past 4 decades * every 5-10 years there's supposedly been a "cure" coming, and well, you can see how well that has worked.

*probably longer but they're the ones that I heard about

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst it would be cool, it must be said I'm not holding my breath, not going to believe anything til I actually see it.

Over the past 4 decades * every 5-10 years there's supposedly been a "cure" coming, and well, you can see how well that has worked.

*probably longer but they're the ones that I heard about
Yeah, I'm always baffled they set really short timescales on how soon we'll see these things when every previous one I've heard of has just disappeared quietly after.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I've heard this so many times over the last 4 -5 decades and i've also heard theres always been someone to stop the progress as theres a lot of money to be made from diabetes and money talks !

Rhys.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is tremendous news. The study I thought most likely to be first to market was the Mount Sinai drug combination therapy reporting 5%-8% beta cell proliferation per treatment. I believe they were to start simian drug trials just before Covid so hopefully that can get back on track soon. Exciting times.

Spoke to the professor leading this at the end of April. ( Prof Andrew Stewart )

They are still accumulating data and information from their animal studies as things stand, but are planning their human trials shortly. So, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Ronancastled

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're more likely to see a free and independent Palestine, than this "miracle cure" first. :meh:

Reactions: TypeZero.