Fibre

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hey guys tried the organic physillium husk but not really helped with constipation . Having to put in a lot of effort which can’t be good . Can we have porridge ? Or any other non BS raising tips ?

the organic bran flakes are great but takes a good 4 hours to get back under 7.8.

Any help appreciated

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys tried the organic physillium husk but not really helped with constipation . Having to put in a lot of effort which can’t be good . Can we have porridge ? Or any other non BS raising tips ?

the organic bran flakes are great but takes a good 4 hours to get back under 7.8.

Any help appreciated
do you eat vegetables?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Porridge is usually a bad idea. I assume you’re reducing carbs. And that alone can take some adjusting to as carbs hold water so without them you need more.

Chia seeds? Flaxseed? More water? Magnesium?

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Chia seeds? Flaxseed? - I’ll get hold of these .

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Any help appreciated
Are you actually constipated, or is it that you go less often?

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well it’s just such an effort it’s not like I can’t go if that makes sense .

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Milled flaxseed (aka linseed) can make a porridge like substance. Just stir into warm milk (of your choice) adding bit of cinnamon or nutmeg and stir until it thickens.
Can also make overnight to eat cold by leaving them in yoghurt or coconut milk to thicken
I swear by daily seed intake to aid constipation. Start with 1 tablespoon build up to 3 then gently decrease again to what ever amount suits you

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or any other non BS raising tips ?
I use a osmotic laxative, which my oncology team recommended I get.

Here in Australia you can buy it over the counter or get it on a script from your GP which cost less $6.60 pbs price against $20.00 otc. It's called OsmoLax and has enough for thirty days supply, I mix it into a glass of cordial, but you can drink with it mixed in plain water

Another one is called Movicol which has a lemon / lime flavour, which is available on script or otc.

Both take several day to work properly as they are not a savage purgative.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I use a osmotic laxative, which my oncology team recommended I get.

Here in Australia you can buy it over the counter or get it on a script from your GP which cost less $6.60 pbs price against $20.00 otc. It's called OsmoLax and has enough for thirty days supply, I mix it into a glass of cordial, but you can drink with it mixed in plain water

Another one is called Movicol which has a lemon / lime flavour, which is available on script or otc.

Both take several day to work properly as they are not a savage purgative.
Nice one Riva , brilliant tip .

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you cannot get anything like the two I mentioned, there is always Metamucil which comes in a variety of types.

I was told not to use it though as it could cause me some problems by the team.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I use physillium husk, chia, flax , lots of veggies. I also eat kimchi, fermented veggies, yogurt, cottage cheese with cultures and a PB8 probiotic. Got my little gut garden lol. Luckily I don’t emit too much methane

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water. A big help with constipation.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Milled flaxseed (aka linseed) can make a porridge like substance. Just stir into warm milk (of your choice) adding bit of cinnamon or nutmeg and stir until it thickens.
Can also make overnight to eat cold by leaving them in yoghurt or coconut milk to thicken
I swear by daily seed intake to aid constipation. Start with 1 tablespoon build up to 3 then gently decrease again to what ever amount suits you
Hi MrsA2
Just wanted to thank you for that wonderful tip on Chia and Flax . Totally sorted me out xxxx

Reactions: MrsA2