What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems like I didn't press the "post" button yesterday so reporting a 5.4 yesterday and it was 5.1 this morning. Don't know how or why as I made some cookie dough mousse late last night and licked the bowl clean so late night snacking. Good day to you good folk. :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Avon lady around the corner says she has no lippy for Gloucester Old spots (small blacks were a Suffolk breed) so 5.9 on Swipey looks a real fright. Vexed issue of sacking off the Sunday roast with red meat and a glass of red for all time or wearing these beatings. Julie enjoys said meals and a formal eating style. If I'm honest I prefer the taste, nutrition and readings from salmon avo salad and water/tea by a country mile. Put up, shut up and just don't test seems safest - (I was 5.4 at 2 hrs) and this sensor has been odd.

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 for me this morning... I was afraid it might be higher than that since had a very sweet mango as a late night snack:)

Reactions: karen8967

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning at 6AM but that is all the happy reading I have had. It has been in 9s and 8s since 11 and I am 18hrs into fasting right now. I am much better though with regard to cold so maybe it's final war going on between body defence and bad guys...yesterday was the worst really... lot of body ache and a day average of 7.4... today so far the average is 6.8...

have you done one of those lateral flow tests just in case
I did not do that because we got that done for my daughter and she did not have it so I figured as I have got it from her, mine would have been negtive too...also my wife recovered far more quickly than I did so could also be a bit of man-flu added in the mix :D

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I fear I have found that blueberries raise mine
you are not alone my friend... i have noticed the same sad reality with my BG too.... although I have with trail and error worked out that 6 (if they are big) to 10 (if they are on small) blueberries in my breakfast don't trigger a rise worth worrying (i.e. less than 2 point increase in 2 hrs from eating)

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you are not alone my friend... i have noticed the same sad reality with my BG too.... although I have with trail and error worked out that 6 (if they are big) to 10 (if they are on small) blueberries in my breakfast don't trigger a rise worth worrying (i.e. less than 2 point increase in 2 hrs from eating)

Fortunately, the rise for me wasn't much but compared to having raspberries or blackberries, it was big enough

Reactions: nutribolt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Taking a firebreak from Swipey and still awaiting numbers from bloods to plot my own roadmap. I already know it will be PE WOE regardless of The Data - sound familiar? Play nice and share your toys chums.

Last edited: