swarnag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
a my friend share to me a ebook "Simple tasty keto recipes" . I easy in ketosiss with it . If you want it , you can pm me
Can you send me the the details of how to get simple tasty keto recipes.
thanks

Reactions: Deebrowning_

Sandy-55

Spinach smoothie, this might have been posted already
I don’t know what the carbs and cals are sorry

Large handful of spinach
1/2 avocado
1/2 green apple (I used gala that all I had)
1 tablespoon lime juice
Pinch of pink salt
Coconut water

Dandelade

I went to a friends house for her birthday yesterday and even though I told I just would’nt have cake it ok, she made me a chocolate mouse dessert that was so quick and easy and didn’t spike my sugar!

100ml double cream in a ramekin, 2 squares of dark chocolate, microwave 1 minute and mixed, 1 strawberry sliced on top, then put in fridge to set.

Delicious - the odd chocolate dessert is back on my menu!!!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to a friends house for her birthday yesterday and even though I told I just would’nt have cake it ok, she made me a chocolate mouse dessert that was so quick and easy and didn’t spike my sugar!

100ml double cream in a ramekin, 2 squares of dark chocolate, microwave 1 minute and mixed, 1 strawberry sliced on top, then put in fridge to set.

Delicious - the odd chocolate dessert is back on my menu!!!
That's a good friend!

Reactions: tinyroman

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just making a low carb cheesecake as an alternative to my usual low carb chocolate mousse for buffets.
I decided not to use the almond/butter base but went for a layer of stewed rhubarb sweetened with erythritol instead - topped with a mix of full fat cream cheese, greek yogurt, double cream, lemon zest (unwaxed organic lemon), a little sweetener and vanilla.

I'd use the ground almond base if taking it somewhere people would be eating off plates. Just ground almonds, some melted butter, maybe a little flavouring such as cinnamon or ginger, and treat it like a biscuit crumb base.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just making a low carb cheesecake as an alternative to my usual low carb chocolate mousse for buffets.
I decided not to use the almond/butter base but went for a layer of stewed rhubarb sweetened with erythritol instead - topped with a mix of full fat cream cheese, greek yogurt, double cream, lemon zest (unwaxed organic lemon), a little sweetener and vanilla.

I'd use the ground almond base if taking it somewhere people would be eating off plates. Just ground almonds, some melted butter, maybe a little flavouring such as cinnamon or ginger, and treat it like a biscuit crumb base.
We're on lc rhubarb cheesecake this weekend too. It suits the non-diabetics well (thye don't even notice it's lc ;))
Do you bake your cheesecake? And with rhubarb on the bottom, how do you get it out of the dish?
I often just bake the mixture then add the rhubarb as a topping when its cooled

Reactions: DJC3

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
We're on lc rhubarb cheesecake this weekend too. It suits the non-diabetics well (thye don't even notice it's lc ;))
Do you bake your cheesecake? And with rhubarb on the bottom, how do you get it out of the dish?
I often just bake the mixture then add the rhubarb as a topping when its cooled
This was an unbaked one, so I cooked the rhubarb first - as it was outdoor rhubarb that wasn't forced so it had less juice. Found it easy to spoon it out together with the cheesecake topping

Jo_je

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Nothing wrong with that. (Sounds bl**dy lovely, actually!)

If you wanted to be super cautious, you could cook the onions a little less (or on a lower heat for longer) just to stop any caramelisation.

Browning onions can bring the sugar out out in 'em... (Same with Tomatoes).
Wow I didn't realise browning tomatoes brought sugar out ... I wondered why my sugars spiked - thankyou patch

D

Deleted member 489048

Re: Low Carb Recipes.

This thread rules! (that creamy cabbage sounds lush!) Some great recipes here. Is there a way to make savoury pancakes like the ones mentioned above? They'd be great for sandwich substitutes for work...
Love the quote by Bob Marley!

Stephen Bond

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Bureaucracy. Poor quality. Boredom
Wow I didn't realise browning tomatoes brought sugar out ... I wondered why my sugars spiked - thankyou patch
But if you are bringing sugar out, you are not adding sugar, so you would be eating that sugar anyway? Or not?

Reactions: Angela64

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
so you would be eating that sugar anyway? Or not
I'm no expert in the kitchen but I think how it works is that cooking breaks down the fibers of the food. Making the sugars hit our blood quicker. The longer things are cooked the easier it is for our bodies to get at the sugar and the bigger the impact on our levels.

Stephen Bond

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Bureaucracy. Poor quality. Boredom
I'm no expert in the kitchen but I think how it works is that cooking breaks down the fibers of the food. Making the sugars hit our blood quicker. The longer things are cooked the easier it is for our bodies to get at the sugar and the bigger the impact on our levels.
Oooh! That is a downer.. Browning the Tomatoes and meat in a ragu makes a big difference to the flavour. That said, i have been browning said same this last week and have not noticed any big rises on my glucose tests. Same with the Stroganoff where i browned the meat to get the sugars to the surface and improve the taste.
Long cooking does indeed break down the fibres but it does not bring sugars to the surface like searin does.
I will try next time without browning and see what difference it makes to the tests :happy: .

Reactions: catinahat

pms543

Tricia, did you use specific quantities? This sounds lovely!

• Agree
Reactions: Angela64 and jjraak

pennyk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Low Carb Recipes.

Low carb meringue pudding:

8 pieces miss meringue chocolate pieces (0 g net carbs)
50 g fresh blueberries or strawberries (6/3 g carbs)
1 tbsp of extra thick cream (? carbs)
scattering of chopped nuts and seeds

Just had this and it was so delicious, these meringues are actually nicer than sugary ones, they aren't as sweet. In the ingredients list total carbs are 8 g in 13 pieces but 2 g is fibre and 6 g sugar alcohol from isomalt I think.

How do you make this please

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
Tricia, did you use specific quantities? This sounds lovely!
I’ve a very old cheese cake recipe that I’ve made for years. I’ve adjusted it, I know the base is probably still carb loaded, but use Dove wholemeal digestives mixed with almond flour, no sweetener and butter and a good scoop of mixed seeds. Cottage cheese blended, dried milk and gelatine, lemon juice and zest, little sweetener in the cheese mix I can get away with, I get moans I use a cherry pie filling for the top, yes I knowwww, I need to find an alternative. I have a small finger of it

Reactions: Gillianc23

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
I microwave mine

Stardew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a go at making sugar-free white chocolate today. Oooh boy, it's a learning curve. I used the recipe on the Sugar-Free Londoner blog. It called for allulose but I can't find it anywhere, so went with the recommended substitute of powdered erythritol. I used powdered coconut instead of powdered milk, which is one of the options in the recipe.

Couldn't get it to the 'pourable' consistency described as I lost the lid to my blender (recipe calls for blending well), so I tried it in my food processor and gave up.

I ended up with a gritty paste oozing oil and pressed it into my mould. I put some shredded coconut in first and topped it off with more.

I... am actually gobsmacked that it worked! The taste isn't quite right but I think that's mostly the cooling effect of the erythritol.

It is very very melty to the touch, so it will have to live in the fridge

Has anyone else tried making sugar-free white chocolate?
IMG_20230423_192746.jpg