Hypos at work

Lva1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypos at work or low blood sugars do happen especially in early days.

I have 40+ years in demanding roles I have never met a role that has beaten me.

Some roles are not fixed and can be variable each day and when you mix a variable workload with variable blood sugars,carb intake and dose its challenging.

Know the environment you work within pre empt the situation as best you can and be prepared.

With experience you will get better throwing food down your neck is something we have to do from time to time at work to save face.

But I never met anyone yet as fast or efficient at work than me diabetes or not.

I use to do the same inject a slow acting insulin Monotard whilst working with no fast acting pre pen days and walked 3 mile to work just to ensure I kick stated the day at right blood sugar.

Thank you for your reply, I am learning now at what times I start to slump with my sugars and am getting used to what snacks are handy to eat and when! It’s such a juggling act, but I love my job so much so it’s a challenge but my job is not somthing I want to give up!

Just learning to be selfish at work, have protected breaks and just say ‘I need to take 10 mins’ even if it is crazy busy.