What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Trying the new idea today - eating early to stop the BG rise. So:

Breakfast: at 7.30. The usual bacon and eggs, dry fried. Tea. Stomach wasn't too happy to have to deal with food at that early hour, but it sorted itself out pretty quickly.

Hungry at 11ish so I had a peach left from the fruit I got last shopping day. That's all the carbs today (about 30, I think). Because my routine was mixed up, I forgot to take my pills. Anyway, BG stayed down around 6 all morning, so that part has worked.

2nd meal: at 1.30 pm. Skate wing fried in a little butter.
I did take my pills this time. Late, but better late than never.

I'll watch and see what happens for the rest of the day - and hope I haven't just transferred the high BGs to the afternoon or evening. That should be it as far as food is concerned but I'm not confident. If I can manage it, I shouldn't eat again until about 7.30 tomorrow morning. Right now, that feels a bit daunting.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last day of holibobs, home now :(
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: coconut cappuccino and a Jaffa cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch, we had a late lunch booked for before we left but I got pinged by Track and Trace just as we were heading to the restaurant to say I’d been in contact with a positive case of Covid, so we had to cancel and come straight home earlier than planned.
Dinner: chicken wings, Brie, a couple of cherry tomatoes and coleslaw followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Ham cheese and salad roll for lunch.
Pork shoulder chops, veggies, gravy for dinner.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Last day of holibobs, home now :(
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: coconut cappuccino and a Jaffa cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch, we had a late lunch booked for before we left but I got pinged by Track and Trace just as we were heading to the restaurant to say I’d been in contact with a positive case of Covid, so we had to cancel and come straight home earlier than planned.
Dinner: chicken wings, Brie, a couple of cherry tomatoes and coleslaw followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

That was a shame. Is that going to cause you much difficulty? I hope not. Not a good way to end your holiday, but, I suppose, better than earlier in the holiday. Hope the contact hasn't given you the virus.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds
L: burger no bun, but did eat most of the chips. Chocolate eclair
D: lunch was filling so a late chicken drumstick and a yoghurt, strawberry and chia seed mix.

Managed a 45 minute walk today. Yay! 6 weeks to the day from injuring my sciatic nerve. Have been so frustrated at pain and slowness. Going to try shopping tomorrow:)

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That was a shame. Is that going to cause you much difficulty? I hope not. Not a good way to end your holiday, but, I suppose, better than earlier in the holiday. Hope the contact hasn't given you the virus.
Thanks for you concern. It won’t affect me much as I’m retired. I will have to cancel a couple of social things but I feel well so fingers crossed I remain so.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, I had hemp faux-oats with a handful of pecans and blueberries for breakfast.
I snacked on a Grenade Carb Killa mid morning as I had my food delivery coming a lot later than normal and had eaten breakfast earlier due to an asthma review.

Lunch was tuna with salad and pickled onions, gherkins and egg followed by some yoghurt and raspberries.

Dinner was eaten out at a pub so had 8oz rump steak with salad, followed by vegan chocolate and coconut torte and then a walk around the park in the pouring rain to try and work it off

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG. Just concocted the most delicious dessert - if you can have dessert about 3 hours after breakfast (air fried pork belly pieces) and well before any second meal is planned.

Big scoop or two of Fage 0%; scoop of extra thick double cream; 7 or 8 raspberries; scoop of crunchy almond butter. Yum!

Dinner - assuming it’s needed - will be air fried chicken wings.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well - it worked. BG stayed pretty reasonable (for me) all day and night - around the 6 - 7 mark. I didn't make it through to bedtime without eating a little extra - a little bit of cheese.

This morning was an early start because it is the day our bins go out for emptying (once every 2 weeks). I got up at 4.45 am (couldn't stay in bed any longer) but, instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, I had breakfast. But then, horror! No eggs. I was sure I had another dozen in the big fridge but when I looked the fridge was egg-bare. I was intending to have the last 2 rashers of streaky bacon with 2 eggs. So ...

Breakfast: avocado salad - not very filling but it didn't put my BG up.

Lunch: 12 noon - a chicken leg - not a very big one but it'll do for the moment. Will probably have to have something else later in the day.

3rd meal: meatballs in tomato sauce out of the freezer. Pretty sure I will have to resort to that.

BG was beginning to rise around 11.30, so I figured I had to do something about it. Hence lunch at 12.

I have my eggs now - Neil had an appointment to see his consultant about his sarcoidosis and then did some shopping. I did ask him to get 2 dozen eggs, but he ignored that and came home with one dozen, but it'll do for now.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
For yesterday:
Breakfast - bullet resistant coffee (coffee, butter, double cream).
Late meal after 18:00 - nearly ripe avocado, cold chicken, mayo.

BG outstanding all day and through the night.

I'm not sure that this is a sustainable eating plan, though.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox what do you have in your low carb coconut "porridge" please? Is there a recipe online for it?

Yesterday we returned from our night out in Southend except there was drama as had to take partner to hospital for a badly sprained foot!

Breakfast was a less than leisurely McDonalds double sausage and egg McMuffin (had expected to find a nice cafe but circumstances, eh?)
Lunch was a mixed salad with mackerel in tomato sauce followed up by a Grenade Killa bar (the peanut one, was quite nice!)
Dinner was a chicken leg with coleslaw, gherkins & pickled onions followed up with a Kvarg Raspberry and some blueberries
Reading this I remembered I had this in my CMT recipes.

recipechampions.com/recipe/keto-sausage-mcmuffin/

Reactions: Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 4.5 FBG 5.9 Swimming lesson day.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing at swimming.
D. I made that rolled lamb again. Used middle gigot this time (no shoulder left) opened out the lamb, seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano and Italian herbs. Stuffed with sage & onion. Softened down a soffritto of celery, onion carrot, re-rolled and tied the lamb, sealed it then veg plus lamb into the Le Creuset casserole with a white wine/lamb stock and into a very slow oven to cook for 6 hours. I had it with peas and a broccoli/cauliflower thing. Lime chia pudding and raspberries. Usual campari and soda.

Monday bed 6.2 FBG 5.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. Remains of yesterday's lamb and stuffing with another broccoli/cauliflower thing. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Never ventured out today. Torrential rain. A lot of flooding in Edinburgh. Thankfully the Esk didn't break it's banks.

Hubby was busy making giant pot of soup the weather was so miserable.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A late breakfast kind of ran into an early lunch...
1 tablespoon ff greek, 1 tablespoon seeds, 2 strawberries
I avocado, 1 chicken drumsticks, 1 tablespoon coleslaw, lettuce, 6 olives
So why was I ravenous hungry 6 hours later?
A sirloin steak with peppercorn butter sauce made from garlic oil and cream, with broccoli. One scoop lidls low cal icecream, coffee flavour, with added double cream, yum yum
But one of the sweeteners in it is causing major tummy rumbles and gurgles. Reading the packet lists several possible culprits and some unidentified other ingredients. Why does processed rubbish taste so good?

@maglil55 what are the ice cream or lollies you get from Lidl? And mine is not stocking that raspberry chocolate , I walked up and down every aisle 3 times!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
New experiment today, turned out very well!
A crustless quiche with leeks and tuna, and lots of cheese. Very happy I made enough for a couple more days :hungry:.

Must be even lower carb than I usually cook, not even a blip on the graph of my sensor, no insulin taken for it :).

213068237_10223846597627204_8326104306449932214_n.jpg

211330048_10223846597107191_3332087748202950304_n.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, looking at this picture now tells me I forgot to put the milk back in the fridge after cooking (and left it beside the hot oven for an hour too). Very useful thread, I'll go save my milk now!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a Covid test taken this morning, got the result this evening - it’s negative, just need to continue isolating til Monday.
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: bolognese with green beans followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Never mind the milk, what is the end of the slogan on your mug?!
One of my favourite thrift store finds!
I choose to interpret as the added sugar in my veins making my life sweeter :happy:.
In Dutch, diabetes is still somewhat regularly referred to as 'suiker' (which annoys some people to no end, me not being one of them).

The mug goes well together with one of my T-shirts, which says 'I give vampires a sugar rush'. Although I'm afraid it would be a disappointment for a vampire looking for that, with my numbers.

212329856_10223847279924261_4431405690821195825_n.jpg

Last edited: