What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the abrupt end to your hols @Rachox but what a relief it wasn’t at the start. Glad your test is neg.
no breakfast for me today as I had a PT session at 11:00 and that usually makes me feel a bit sick.
Lunch was butchers home roast topside slices with no-tato salad of courgettes and celery in a creamy dressing. Handful of 100% choc buttons afterwards.
Dinner was M&S hot smoked salmon fillet with prawns snd a very acceptable Marie Rose sauce ( made from Mayo, 0% yoghurt, tomato purée and a dash of Lea&Perrins) 1/2 avocado and salad leaves. Choc chia pud to follow.
@Goonergal your pud sounds wonderful but I absolutely daren’t try it. I’ve just finished yet another ‘last ever’ jar of almond butter ( forgot to post that just now - happened to look in the jar and there was just a couple of spoonfuls left - shame to put it back in the cupboard)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and a cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Chicken and salad low carb wraps for lunch.
Savoury corned beef hash and veggies for dinner.

Reactions: maglil55

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was my faux-oats with raspberries
Lunch was a cheese and ham salad with assorted pickled items, followed up by yoghurt, the rest of the raspberries and blackberries and a sugar free jelly as I was really craving something "artificially" sweet.
Dinner was going to be a late one last night so I had a snack of a Fibre One bar & tried some biltong (not to my taste).
Dinner was half a jacket potato with butter and cheese, gammon, coleslaw and a side salad (got more gammon and the other half tonight)

Reactions: Annb

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the abrupt end to your hols @Rachox but what a relief it wasn’t at the start. Glad your test is neg.
no breakfast for me today as I had a PT session at 11:00 and that usually makes me feel a bit sick.
Lunch was butchers home roast topside slices with no-tato salad of courgettes and celery in a creamy dressing. Handful of 100% choc buttons afterwards.
Dinner was M&S hot smoked salmon fillet with prawns snd a very acceptable Marie Rose sauce ( made from Mayo, 0% yoghurt, tomato purée and a dash of Lea&Perrins) 1/2 avocado and salad leaves. Choc chia pud to follow.
@Goonergal your pud sounds wonderful but I absolutely daren’t try it. I’ve just finished yet another ‘last ever’ jar of almond butter ( forgot to post that just now - happened to look in the jar and there was just a couple of spoonfuls left - shame to put it back in the cupboard)

Am I the only person never to have had Almond Butter in the house?

Oh well. My life is about swimming against the tide. :)

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
BG high all night and still high this morning.

Breakfast: (insulin) the remains of my meatballs in tomato sauce, mashed down a bit and 2 eggs poached in it.

Had my appointment with the podiatrist. He said that Neil had the right idea about how to do my nails, but he should do them more often and told him what to check for. Neil, of course, knew it all before! Anyway, the podiatrist cut away the odd nail to expose the nail bed and he reckons the nail has already started growing again. That's good. Bit sore, but nothing too bad. He did my 6 monthly diabetic foot check while he was at it. He did say that people who are not diabetic can now only be seen if something happens to damage their foot, but being diabetic means that, while they can't do normal foot care, they will give me an appointment if I suspect that something small is going wrong. So it's not just that the podiatry department just won't see anyone these days.

On coming home, we found 4 parcels in the front porch. 2 I expected (just plastic containers for recycling and charity stuff - nothing very exciting) and 2 I wasn't expecting yet - tinned edamame beans for Neil. I was even more surprised that there were 2 parcels; the 6 cans that I thought I'd ordered were in one box. But, unknown to me, Neil had sent the same order to Amazon. I hope he doesn't go off edamame beans in the near future! He's gone off tofu (or it has gone off him) but Em jumped at the chance of having the pack in the fridge. She loves tofu apparently. She also went away with half of a watermelon.

I will definitely manage on 2 meals today - it's 4.30 pm and I'm not feeling particularly hungry. When I get to it, I will probably have more avocado and salad.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

No, you're not. I can't eat almonds (causes headaches) so I wouldn't anyway, but I don't much like nut butters.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought Almond Butter yesterday to try in no carb porridge based entirely on this forum!

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I’ve also had so many ‘last-ever’ pots of almond butter. Usually alongside last-ever bars of 90% and tubs of extra thick double cream.

@AndBreathe despite what it might seem, it’s not often here. Not because it’s not frequently bought; it just doesn’t last very long. This pot did manage to last 3 days, which is almost a world record……

@Rachox I’d never had it either, until an ill friend texted me at work asking me to buy some for her on my way home. When the shop had smooth and crunchy and I couldn’t get hold of her to check her preference, I bought one of each. How addictions start!

Anyway, back on topic. Today’s food began with …..almond butter, 0% Fage and extra thick double cream. Ended that way too. In-between was half of a very large rotisserie chicken.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to Monday which was a tomato & basil omelette for supper. Then got into trouble eating the lasagne bits stuck to the sides of Zmr ZpM’s dish before soaking.
All brekkies have been my usual slice HiLo toast and copious tea.
Lunch is now a small plate of variously cold meat, cheese, salad & a little cheesey coleslaw and a few pickled silverskin onions.
Yesterday supper was 8 mini meatballs with a spoon of tomato & chilli sauce and roasted aubergine cubes.
Tonight is a roasted chicken breast with remainder of aubergine cubes and tenderstem broccoli. If England win could be a celebratory drink!
Sorry your hols came to such an abrupt end @Rachox but as someone said TG it wasnt at the start. Stay well and take care everyone I keep hearing of Covid one son has it after returning to the office in London, quite unpleasant though had first jab a month ago and other son isolating totally unrelated.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and a few dark chocolate almonds as I was hungry (struggling skipping lunch after having lunch each day of my holiday :().
Dinner: chicken Balti curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stomach not been feeling too right at times today
Very early breakfast of Ff greek with seeds and 4 cherries
A "yes" nut bar at lunchtime
Mid afternoon 6 bites of hubbys icecream
D: burger in lettuce with more salad on the side. A glass of red wine halved with water

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A late breakfast kind of ran into an early lunch...
1 tablespoon ff greek, 1 tablespoon seeds, 2 strawberries
I avocado, 1 chicken drumsticks, 1 tablespoon coleslaw, lettuce, 6 olives
So why was I ravenous hungry 6 hours later?
A sirloin steak with peppercorn butter sauce made from garlic oil and cream, with broccoli. One scoop lidls low cal icecream, coffee flavour, with added double cream, yum yum
But one of the sweeteners in it is causing major tummy rumbles and gurgles. Reading the packet lists several possible culprits and some unidentified other ingredients. Why does processed rubbish taste so good?

@maglil55 what are the ice cream or lollies you get from Lidl? And mine is not stocking that raspberry chocolate , I walked up and down every aisle 3 times!
The lollies I got in Lidl were the Active or Alive? It was on their High Protein week so not there all the time. I also get Oppo choc chip and Whey Hey salted caramel in M&S. The others are the Grenade ice cream bars which are Tesco. I only get the white choc bar as the other one is peanut butter which I loath.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I put a dash of double cream, a dash of brandy and sweet paprika in my Marie rose.

Reactions: DJC3 and MrsA2

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 5.6 FBG 5.8. England were by far the better team and deserved to go through. It's been a long time coming.
Tuesday was another poor day weather wise. Hubby opted for soup before I got it packed and away. My SLC order arrived though.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. A SLC not cross bun with butter.
D. More SLC! A hot dog SLC version with 2 skinny frankfurters, softened white onion, tomato ketchup, mustard and crispy onions. Joy! A Lidl dark choc raspberry bar (little one).

Wednesday bed 5.9 FBG 5.6.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Had grandsons today so busy feeding them.
D. Pork chop, GF black pudding, broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing, 4 mini tomatoes and peas. Another mini bar of raspberry choc and.....another SLC no cross bun with butter watching the football.

A lot of water today for the antibody blood drawing tomorrow. I know where the priority post box is to post it in now.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak, eggs, tomatoes for breakfast.
Cuppa hearty beef soup, two sausage rolls for lunch from the pie shop.
Reesoles, green veggies and gravy for dinner.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I think that’s something you should be very proud of. I wish I’d never had it either!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I put a dash of double cream, a dash of brandy and sweet paprika in my Marie rose.

Ah! paprika is what it was missing, thanks!
I don’t really use alcohol in cooking as daughter can’t have it, and the yoghurt instead of cream was to try and prioritise protein over fat which I’m trying to do at the moment.
My Latest IP yoghurt is made with UHT skimmed milk, and after straining half the volume of whey off I reckon I have double the protein content but with minimal fat and carbs. It’s not as nice as the ff type really, but good for dressings.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2MAD for me today, both cold plate/ salad types.
1) smoked salmon, h/b eggs, spinach and about 1/4 avocado ( all that was edible of a terrible batch, disappointing as Coop avocados are usually good). Couple of large delicious strawberries
2) cold roast chicken, cottage cheese, salad leaves,gherkin, red pepper and grated Parmesan. Also sprinkled sumac on top. (I bought this spice but can’t remember what recipe called for it now. ) choc chia pudding, and a bit later some 100% cocoa buttons.