Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, may not be around much for a couple of weeks as I have a friend coming to stay today (haven't seen her since before the first lockdown!) and when she goes, another friend comes for ten days. I'm going to be busy enjoying myself; no plans for a holiday this year so this'll be a real staycation for me. Just hope the weather improves a bit.

Reactions: karen8967 and RVW

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Good morning everyone brollies at the ready

Not a lot of good down on the south coast, we have high winds too. Not exactly BBQ weather is it.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Not been on here for a while so just a quickie to say hug and get yourself fully better Cumbs. And to agree that the weather inhe South of this blessed isle is pants.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And to agree that the weather inhe South of this blessed isle is pants.

Lol, I work in landscaping these days. My colleague & I were in Bristol sheltering in a "Wendy house" at one point with a quick deluge yeasterday..
Gaffer shows up & asks if we are playing "mummys & daddies?" :hilarious:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
As all of you know I have been having an issue with Bg levels shooting up when ocean swimming 2-3 hours. I talked to someone that does marathons and he said I need fuel, insulin/food to stop my liver from trying to help so much a couple of hours before I swim. Then stop basal a couple of hours while I swim.

So it worked, mostly. I tanked with the first swim across, ate some ***** bears but then remained stable at 5.0 for 2 hours with no huge increase after either. So yippee! Now I need to add a quick carb about 15 minutes before so I have it usable when I first swim to stop that initial drop. So I will try that today.

I'm sure it will take some tweaking, all my other methods have taken some trial and error to find what works best. But at least I know what to do. And having a Libre to scan while I'm swimming has been critical for my long swims. And then of course in our world things always seem to change. But now at least I have a solution to work with!!!!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1625216402035.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So on the second try I ate 15 carbs before I swam and still dropped but only to about 5.0. I ate a couple of vegan ***** bears and seemed steady although I did a slow climb to 7.7 by the 3 hours when I got out.

I'll take that! I'm going to try to eat a little more beforehand but not stop my basal on my pump for quite as long. So much nicer than that huge climb I was having that didn't want to come down easily either.

Who knew my body just wanted some fuel to swim lol............... ;) :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited: