Keto flu

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
When people indulge and then go really strict again and get withdrawals do you find that you can seriously very very bad mood swings?
Last week I was just angry this week I’m just bursting into tears constantly.
It is coming up to my 3 year anniversary in august so don’t know if I’m struggling with all that a bit.
I’m ending up cheating just to stop the swings (although that hasn’t worked today)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When people indulge and then go really strict again and get withdrawals do you find that you can seriously very very bad mood swings?
Last week I was just angry this week I’m just bursting into tears constantly.
It is coming up to my 3 year anniversary in august so don’t know if I’m struggling with all that a bit.
I’m ending up cheating just to stop the swings (although that hasn’t worked today)
I'm not really able to give you any advice from experience, as I simply don't do that, I stick to the diet I sorted out for myself. I do wonder if it might be something to speak to your dr about, as life eating low carb has been very tranquil for me.

Reactions: Struma

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I'm not really able to give you any advice from experience, as I simply don't do that, I stick to the diet I sorted out for myself. I do wonder if it might be something to speak to your dr about, as life eating low carb has been very tranquil for me.
Yea
I know others when they’ve gone through wotgdrawls for their things they’ve been emotional etc.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yea
I know others when they’ve gone through wotgdrawls for their things they’ve been emotional etc.

Woollygal - I have no idea how many miles you have on the clock, but where are you relative to the menopause?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Woollygal - I have no idea how many miles you have on the clock, but where are you relative to the menopause?
I’m 49
I suspect I may be peri menopausal but last time I had blood tests Dr said it was normal.
But there’s been a definite shift since I had second jab. problem is I know blood tests are unreliable as Dr told me but she seems to rely on them.
I was hoping it might be due to keto snd sugar because it’s a nightmare trying to get appt

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you taking anything to lower cholesterol?
Our hormone levels are closely linked to the availability of cholesterol to make them.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Are you taking anything to lower cholesterol?
Our hormone levels are closely linked to the availability of cholesterol to make them.
No nothing
Just on trulicity for sugars