Anyone with diabetes 2 feel worse after recovery from covid .

Winnie-the-Pooh

I recovered from a very very mild covid early July. I’m on a low carb diet . Any small amount of carbs sends my blood glucose too high while I could tolerate them before covid ( a few spoons of rice, one slice of sprouted bread or a tiny piece of sweet potato ).

I find it much harder to control my bg compared to before covid ( with exactly the same diet ).

ruth2

I only started low-carb long after presumably having had covid in March (no testing, back then). Used to be able to eat up the children's left-over pasta, now can't even have half an apple. Can't remember when it got that bad, but was alright before WFH and noticed I was in trouble when back at work in July. Thinking about it, the recurring shivers and horrible headaches and joint pains that I have had since March (roughly every three weeks) have disappeared since I started low-carb at the end of July. Guess this is pure coincidence, though.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking about it, the recurring shivers and horrible headaches and joint pains that I have had since March (roughly every three weeks) have disappeared since I started low-carb at the end of July. Guess this is pure coincidence, though.

Not necessarily - fairly common reports on here of similar benefits.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Whilst not related to diabetes, looking at the news there are many who have taken a long long time to recover from covid, or have not fully managed yet despite having no other stated condition - just something to consider.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh

Hi,

I recovered from COVID early July . My bg seem to be higher than before specially after foods that I used to tolerate very well .

Anyone with similar issues ? Did it get better?

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have had same problems, very unwell with diabetes since Covid, higher blood sugars harder to control, also ketones into the mix, consultant has no answers to this, been like it for 6 months now.

Donaldfr

I have similar issues. I was around 40 on a1c but then shot up. I would also put it down to me relaxing what i ate as i lost a lot of weight during covid and lost the will to eat low carb, and then it was hard to go back. I had it back end of march last year so no covid testing, but i stopped bg testing after that and then in a way closed my eyes to it till i started having to go to toilet breaks more often than once a night. I think its just me more than covid, i have beaten myself up everyday over relaxing, but you fall, get up and away you go. Hopefully this is the last time.