Problem removing sticky residue after removing freestyle libre2

kprt0913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi.

I have recently started using the freestyle libre 2, i removed the first one a few days ago. The sticky residue was really difficult to remove and after i had eventually removed it my arm was really red and sore. (I tried alcohol wipes)

My question is does anyone know of any other way of doing this easier and kinder please.

Thank you in advance.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

I have recently started using the freestyle libre 2, i removed the first one a few days ago. The sticky residue was really difficult to remove and after i had eventually removed it my arm was really red and sore. (I tried alcohol wipes)

My question is does anyone know of any other way of doing this easier and kinder please.

Thank you in advance.
Baby oil, olive oil, anything oily really.
Personally, I just leave the residue, I never see the back of my arm anyway so it doesn't bother me. But I'm odd like that :)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Try baby oil and cotton wool or soak in a bath and use a flannel and soap. I prefer the latter.

Reactions: Antje77

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used kero to great effect to get sticky stuff of electrical appliances, it works on skin as well.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I find a soak in the bath helps, or just gradually remove more with soap and water when I have a shower, usually takes no more than 2 days and as Antje says it doesn't bother me unless I'm planning on wearing a short sleeve top. I have used alcohol wipes before and again found it easy once I'd soaked the residue a bit, by holding the alcohol wipe over the residue for a few minutes.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I use Zoff adhesive remover wipes which I get on Amazon. For me they work they work the best.

Good luck

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I have very good success with acetone aka nail polish remover. However the skin can go quite pink for a short time if you rub hard. But it works!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I do not recommend this..

I use a Brillo pad and liquid soap.. couple of scrubs and it’s gone…. Mind you so is the first 2 layers of skin

jenfoolery

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Because I don't switch arms between sensors, I don't really want to put oil on my arm in case it gets onto the patch where the new sensor is going and messes with that one's glue. So I just let the glue get dry and then in my next shower it comes off pretty well with shampoo and an exfoliating scrubby pad.

thatguy104

If anyone does read this, i started using freestyle libre 2 recently and have massive problems with getting the residue off. I know it doesn’t bug some people, but it does bug me.
Pack of 15 Nail Polish Remover Pads - £1.00
I find this gets it off within 10 seconds of wiping the residue and if doing the sensor correctly, the 15 pack should last 6 months. I hope this helps some people but it massively helps me.

Reactions: sleepster

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi.

Thank you in advance.
I've sometimes had to use white spirit on cottonwool then just clean it off with soap.