Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, my friend and I are constantly changing our plans to deal with the truly awful weather here at the moment. Rain, rain, rain, then more rain. So we're having to spend a lot of time talking (!), my dog still needs to be walked twice daily,there are some indoors things to do but the visits to gardens and other outdoor plans keep getting pushed back or rearranged. Have to say it's more fun suffering rubbish weather with company!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, my friend and I are constantly changing our plans to deal with the truly awful weather here at the moment. Rain, rain, rain, then more rain. So we're having to spend a lot of time talking (!), my dog still needs to be walked twice daily,there are some indoors things to do but the visits to gardens and other outdoor plans keep getting pushed back or rearranged. Have to say it's more fun suffering rubbish weather with company!

Hi,

Now oddly. I have the day off work today.. Lol, everyone else needed to recover from last night's football final?
To be fair. We wouldn't have got much done anyhow with this deluge..
Work out doors, got a little slabbing to do on some steps & a fake grass lawn to fit on one particular job that keeps "evolving."

So, today. I will be mostly looking at flooring with Mrs Lee for the bedroom & planning a recording studio set up at our drummer's place...

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Now oddly. I have the day off work today.. Lol, everyone else needed to recover from last night's football final?
To be fair. We wouldn't have got much done anyhow with this deluge..
Work out doors, got a little slabbing to do on some steps & a fake grass lawn to fit on one particular job that keeps "evolving."

So, today. I will be mostly looking at flooring with Mrs Lee for the bedroom & planning a recording studio set up at our drummer's place...
At least you have something you can do on such a rubbish weather day - assuming it's the same where you are, and I think you've mentioned you're not that far from me in the east of Somerset. Enjoy just not being at work!

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At least you have something you can do on such a rubbish weather day - assuming it's the same where you are, and I think you've mentioned you're not that far from me in the east of Somerset. Enjoy just not being at work!

I'm just off the M4 corridor, just inside the west of Wiltshire.
But Bath & North east Somerset was my old stomping ground.. :)

Lol, if the weather had been fine. I wouldn't have minded taking a look at the temp gauge sender on my van? Don't seem to be any urgent issue, other than a possible dodgy contact in the loom.?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm just off the M4 corridor, just inside the west of Wiltshire.
But Bath & North east Somerset was my old stomping ground.. :)

Lol, if the weather had been fine. I wouldn't have minded taking a look at the temp gauge sender on my van? Don't seem to be any urgent issue, other than a possible dodgy contact in the loom.?
Yep, not far at all. And if I knew what a loom was I'd nod sagely and say, yeah, could be......:hilarious:

Reactions: RVW

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
What can immunotherapy do for you?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Here's a video that explains the concept better. But I am wondering if you will need to use it a certain amount of time before or after you eat.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...lop-pain-free-blood-sugar-test-diabetics.html

I had a hunt around and I'm not finding the answer that I'm looking for with regard to food that has been eaten recently.

I found the webpages of the University of Newcastle, New South Wales and their own press releases which don't give much away.

Curiously, I discovered that our very own website carried a news article about a similar (American) claim as far back as 2012 - don't know what happened to that idea.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1625216402035.jpg

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Been away in Suffolk for a couple of days, joining younger daughter and family. It seemed quite warm and due to get warmer. We came back last night before the holiday crowds moved in and daughter says it’s jammed today. Pub ran out of food yesterday, so the shops could be half emptied today. I feel sorry for the locals. Despite that it was glorious to see them and to get away from our own back yard.
Antje, how are you faring? I’ve watched the news reports here, was your part of the Netherlands affected? I feel bad saying how good our small away break was when so many are suffering climate change devastation.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Antje, how are you faring? I’ve watched the news reports here, was your part of the Netherlands affected?
How kind of you to ask!
Nothing happening here, not even a drop of rain, I live in the far north of the Netherlands, no rivers entering my country here at all.
However, what's happening in the south (which is only a two hour drive away, the netherlands is small compared to the UK) is all over the news and quite shocking. Still, nothing compared with the effect of the floods in Germany and Belgium.
The tv news always makes a point of featuring something happy as well, and today it was a cow saved from the river unscathed, about a 100 km from its pasture! Worked well, made me happy :)

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Relieved to hear you’re ok Antje. It’s utterly appalling for those caught by the worst in Germany. I wonder if any governments will feel compelled to act on climate change? PS I’m a cynic.

Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Happy too that the cow survived a 100 km swim.