What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Good luck with the shoulder scan tomorrow
Thank you for the best wishes. I took a tumble in March this year, and only now is it being escalated to an MRI. Yup, NHS is under stress.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Eating the usual foods, not sure what's going on as bloods staying high all day.

Reactions: DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
7.4 - Last night was another monumentally pain-ridden and restless night. So, another Carb-omitting-compressing day ahead. I want to get back into the Sticky-Sixes.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 hurrah. Went for a meal out with a group of volunteers last night but I could only eat a small amount of mine - it was mostly potato.

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@DJC3 - I didn’t “like” what I posted? What was it you “liked”, I’m feeling rubbish.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 at 6AM. I broke fast at around 48 hours mark when I was feeling a bit cold despite the lovely weather outside :D

6.x following morning after a high protein dinner is normal for me. Hopefully it will not be lingering there all day.

Have a great day everyone. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - I didn’t “like” what I posted? What was it you “liked”, I’m feeling rubbish.

So Sorry. I use the DCUK app and ‘like’ is the only available option. I can’t choose ‘hug’ or any of the other responses on the full website. I should have clarified that I wasn’t ‘liking’ your pain, just trying to show some sympathy. I’ll be more careful in future. I hope your MRI went well and you can get some treatment soon.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So Sorry. I use the DCUK app and ‘like’ is the only available option. I can’t choose ‘hug’ or any of the other responses on the full website. I should have clarified that I wasn’t ‘liking’ your pain, just trying to show some sympathy. I’ll be more careful in future. I hope your MRI went well and you can get some treatment soon.
Understood and reassured by your now sympathetic response. The MRI takes place in 3 hours. ;)

Reactions: JohnEGreen and DJC3

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.0 on the nose for me.

Tomorrow could be high though as it’s time for the final test.

Large carb meal with bolas dose.

I don’t regularly take bolas anymore but am on a strict carb diet. Need to work out what I need to manage carbs where a large carb meal is the only option. (On vacation next week and I can’t see the main meal carbs being that low).

Wish me luck…

EDIT: So did a large carb meal (110g! Eeep!) and took 8U of Bolas to offset the 70g more than I’d usually eat. High point was +1.8 back down to +0.4. That’ll work.

Nice to know I have the flexibility but I don’t want to do it regularly though. Not used to carby meals anymore.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.5 today.

Don't know what it was yesterday as had run out of test strips.

Result of blood tests obtained today HbA1c up somewhat now at 44 so not so bad.

Not so good was my eGFr down to 38 so now in the stage 3B range CKD.

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
8.5 - As a result of broken night was up far too early. Went to bed on a 5.6. I still want to get back into the Sticky-Sixes.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.0 at 0600 yesterday, tried running leg back to being unhappy with running so did 25 minutes on bike.

5.3 this morning , hitting weights now to maintain some exercise while resting the errant leg from running for two weeks