SGLT1 on top of SGLT2 a good idea?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Just had a rubbish video appointment with a nurse, she wants me to start an injection on SGLT1, I already take Diaplaflozin (sp?) or Foxiga (sp?) does this sounds sensible? Opinions would be appreciated as I can’t make head nor tail of it when I am trying to read up.

She said it will stop me being hungry, this was after me telling her I eat little and far less than everyone else around me, my weight is however creeping up, though I am excusing myself due to not being allowed to exercise since last year because of my heart (but this is just an excuse).

Does anyone know if this drug is just to lose weight? Because I’m really not fussed about my weight.

when I say rubbish appointment, she didn’t have blood test or c-peptide results and she must have been looking at someone else’s libra because I’m no way that good, but hey at least I didn’t get told off.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
SGLT-1 = intestines
SGLT-2 = kidneys

A new dual-acting drug called sotagliflozin has been developed. Not sure it’s available in UK yet. I think it sounds quite reasonable seeing how they each have their own area of working. On 'searching' I found a fair amount of interesting work.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
SGLT-1 = intestines
SGLT-2 = kidneys

A new dual-acting drug called sotagliflozin has been developed. Not sure it’s available in UK yet. I think it sounds quite reasonable seeing how they each have their own area of working. On 'searching' I found a fair amount of interesting work.
Thank you!