Which pump is better

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I’m on the tandem t:slim x2 and it expires soon. My options is the t:slim again or the minimed 640g.
I’m leaning towards the minimed as I have never liked the t:slim in respect of the cartridge holder. It’s terrible to get out and the charger port plastic lid doesn’t close. But I was wondering if anyone has used the minimed and how it was for them and what they thought of it .. ?
Any information would be useful I’m making my decision.
Thank you
Vanessa

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Nessa1970

I used the Medtronic 670g for short time. This was my first pump. I had great difficulty doing set changes due to arthritis in my hands. I had to get others to fill the reservoir for me. I found all other aspects of the pump fine. Due to the challenges I had with doing set changes I changed to the Omnipod Dash. I think the cannula of the Medtronic was actually more comfortable than the Omnipod.

Not sure if this is any help to you, but good luck with your choice.

Reactions: nessa1970

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Hi, I’m on the tandem t:slim x2 and it expires soon. My options is the t:slim again or the minimed 640g.
I’m leaning towards the minimed as I have never liked the t:slim in respect of the cartridge holder. It’s terrible to get out and the charger port plastic lid doesn’t close. But I was wondering if anyone has used the minimed and how it was for them and what they thought of it .. ?
Any information would be useful I’m making my decision.
Thank you
Vanessa

I find the tandem fine.. I don’t even need a tool to remove the cartridge

Whole change/fill takes about 2 minutes

I removed the charge cover and added a magnetic connector

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Still using the 640g here witn the enlite sensors, I don't have any problems but hope to change soon to the 780g

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find the tandem fine.. I don’t even need a tool to remove the cartridge

Whole change/fill takes about 2 minutes

I removed the charge cover and added a magnetic connector

I have to use my keys to yank it out the cartridge and even then it doesn’t happen the first three times it’s terrible
Plus the insulin takes four hours to get thru , my previous old school pump I had fantastic hba1c results, this pump I do not . Maybe it’s faulty but I’ve had trouble with it from day start ..,

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have to use my keys to yank it out the cartridge and even then it doesn’t happen the first three times it’s terrible
Plus the insulin takes four hours to get thru , my previous old school pump I had fantastic hba1c results, this pump I do not . Maybe it’s faulty but I’ve had trouble with it from day start ..,

Most of the time my thumb nail is fine.. and no issue insulin coming through always fine straight away

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a 10p coin to twist the cartridge off.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Would you please explain?

That is the explanation I removed the rubber battery cover.. got a usb connector where the cable attaches magnetically
b932613a8a8644db5c706e92d7f1ee04.jpg

Reactions: ElenaP