VICTOZA users

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Hello everyone. I'm feeling in a bit of a muddle. I happened to mention last year to an endocrinology consultant that the low carb diet didn't seem to be working still and I'd put on a bit of weight. The result was a phone call from the diabetes nurse who put me on Trulicity. This was fine for three months, brought down my HbA1c, but I become allergic with a bright red itchy rash so she changed me to Ozempic. It made very very queasy and after a nasty bout of Vertigo I was taken off everything which increased my HbA1c again. The third attempt after this was to start me on Victoza, 0.6 for a week then up to 1.2. The first week wasn't good but the second was dreadful, sickness, headache, fatigue and light headedness. Someone here suggested injecting before bed which does seem to have helped a bit and its all a bit more settled though still a bit queasy. Sorry for all the preamble but here is my issue. My morning reading has been going down gradually since I started on it from an average of 6.4 before, to 5.7 on the first week, and down to 5.2 this week but today it was 4.3. At that level, I'm shaky and uncomfortable. Now I'm worried about it being lower than that in the night. I'm eating less and still eating low carb so I'm having to eat a biscuit in the evening and add in carbs to alleviate the effects of the Victoza. Is it me or is this all counter productive? It's not good for my head either as I'm constantly thinking about my diabetes instead of just living with it, which after 27 years is a pain. Sorry to sound off so much but it's getting me down a bit.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone. I'm feeling in a bit of a muddle. I happened to mention last year to an endocrinology consultant that the low carb diet didn't seem to be working still and I'd put on a bit of weight. The result was a phone call from the diabetes nurse who put me on Trulicity. This was fine for three months, brought down my HbA1c, but I become allergic with a bright red itchy rash so she changed me to Ozempic. It made very very queasy and after a nasty bout of Vertigo I was taken off everything which increased my HbA1c again. The third attempt after this was to start me on Victoza, 0.6 for a week then up to 1.2. The first week wasn't good but the second was dreadful, sickness, headache, fatigue and light headedness. Someone here suggested injecting before bed which does seem to have helped a bit and its all a bit more settled though still a bit queasy. Sorry for all the preamble but here is my issue. My morning reading has been going down gradually since I started on it from an average of 6.4 before, to 5.7 on the first week, and down to 5.2 this week but today it was 4.3. At that level, I'm shaky and uncomfortable. Now I'm worried about it being lower than that in the night. I'm eating less and still eating low carb so I'm having to eat a biscuit in the evening and add in carbs to alleviate the effects of the Victoza. Is it me or is this all counter productive? It's not good for my head either as I'm constantly thinking about my diabetes instead of just living with it, which after 27 years is a pain. Sorry to sound off so much but it's getting me down a bit.

Hi there. My situation on diagnosis was a little different but the principle is still the same. When placed on insulin, my glucose levels dropped immediately as you'd expect, but over the following weeks it was regularly dipping below 4 and I was having to factor in carby snacks all the time. This was counter productive, having to eat food I didn't want. The only solution for me was to take less insulin, in other words to match my insulin to the food I wished to eat instead of the other way round. You will need to contact your health care provider to advise you of course, but it sounds to me like you are over medicated. Levels in the 4s are normal on no medication but you are on glucose lowering medication so you need to be very careful and contact your GP. You may be feeling shaky because you are not used to lower levels but again, whilst on medication those symptoms can be very clear signs of an impending hypo. What did your low carb diet consist of when you were on that alone? x

Daisyooo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

I’m new year, 28 years old and been type 1 since I was 2 and a half.

I’m planning a pregnancy hopefully in 6 months.
My consultant wants me to try victoza for 12 weeks, ensuring I have 3 months of not using it before I try for a baby. To help bring down my AC1 down and lose weight (ideally need to lose around 9 pounds). I’ve read the risk of thyroid cancer and pancreatic cancer, but can’t find anything conclusive!! Does anyone have any info on this? I’m really worried and would love to know the actual risks compared to the benefits.
Thanks