What’s the best app for carb and cal counting

Sandy-55

Hi I’m sure this has been asked before but what is the best carb/cal counter app that works best for android phones, whilst out shopping tonight (which took me twice as long trying to workout if its good for me or not ) I saw a few people scanning the packets with their phones, the diabetic nurse did suggest one site but after looking at it and reading the reviews it seems it works better for smartphone users than androids phones
Just wondered if there was a user friendly app out there
Thanks in advance

OmegaPrize

The MyFitness Pal app has an extensive library of foods and their corresponding nutritional value. Plus, it can do more than just count carbs/cals.

Lcapon

I use the nutra cheak app, do have to pay for the full version, but I think it's worth it. Can add you own recipes and has a big database.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another one for Nutracheck. I don't mind paying for the year if I'm going to use it, and conversely, if I'm paying for it, I feel more inclined to use it so it's a vicious circle!

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Did the nurse suggest Carbs & Cals?

It’s what I use on my iPhone and I like it for its simplicity.

If it works on Android I do recommend it, but doesn’t have some of the bells and whistles you can get with other apps.

IMG_5376.jpg

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
When my DN told me to get Carbs and Cals I thought she meant a book. Is it in the app store?

There is book and app versions the app has been updated since the book was as published

Reactions: DisFanJen

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I use MyFitness, you can scan items. I also have a food scale, but I found I’m just to lazy to do that, so I just eyeball it.

also, I was able to cut a lot of calories and the hassle of calculating… by only drinking water, lemon water… I had been drinking almond milk, coconut milk etc.

One last tip, force yourself to weigh your snacks, if your lazy like me, it’s easier to just skip the snack lol

Sandy-55

I use MyFitness, you can scan items. I also have a food scale, but I found I’m just to lazy to do that, so I just eyeball it.

also, I was able to cut a lot of calories and the hassle of calculating… by only drinking water, lemon water… I had been drinking almond milk, coconut milk etc.

One last tip, force yourself to weigh your snacks, if your lazy like me, it’s easier to just skip the snack lol
Thanks I’ll check that out…..I take it you mean weigh your fruit cos that the only snacks I’ve been having oops tell I a lie I’ve had a small bag of popcorn