worries about cancer

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been type 1 diabetic for 7 years and usually weight about 10st 11.

over the past few months I've lost a lot of weight and been having oily stools. i am down to under 10st and have a full feeling when I eat and really bloated.

I've become very fatiqued and shaky and prefusely sweating. I'm worried it could be pancreatic cancer.

I've lost all my appetite and my sugars are all over the place. I have a scan in 2 weeks and a stool sample been tested.

any advice or experience to help me?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What have your blood sugar levels been doing?
Especially when shaky and sweating.

EK297

Sure it must be scary but try not to worry until you know what you’re dealing with. It could be any number of things.

I had not too dissimilar symptoms years ago. It turned out to be coeliacs. Felt full when I ate, lots of bloating but lost quite a bit of weight.

Do let us know how you get on at your appointment.

Em x

Reactions: Bea56 and EllieM

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sure it must be scary but try not to worry until you know what you’re dealing with. It could be any number of things.

I had not too dissimilar symptoms years ago. It turned out to be coeliacs. Felt full when I ate, lots of bloating but lost quite a bit of weight.

Do let us know how you get on at your appointment.

Em x
thanks I appreciate it. just very lethargic and scared. look so skinny and pale. will hopefully get some answers soon

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
thanks I appreciate it. just very lethargic and scared. look so skinny and pale. will hopefully get some answers soon

The trouble with waiting for a diagnosis is that it's all too easy to assume the worst. And Dr google doesn't help, because it tends to lead you to all sorts of unlikely but dire possibilities that you'd never think of on your own. Sending you lots of virtual hugs, and hopes that you soon get a favourable diagnosis.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I had similar symptoms to @Mark-optimistic in 2018. Dr Google told me it was likely to be 1 of the following:
Pancreatitis
Pancreas rejection
Pancreatic cancer
The last 2 made me lose focus on real life for months. Six months later the consultant doubled 1 of my immuno-suppressants
and Bingo! I fully empathise with @Mark-optimistic 's feelings.

Reactions: Bea56

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The trouble with waiting for a diagnosis is that it's all too easy to assume the worst. And Dr google doesn't help, because it tends to lead you to all sorts of unlikely but dire possibilities that you'd never think of on your own. Sending you lots of virtual hugs, and hopes that you soon get a favourable diagnosis.
I to are going through this at the minute I'm asking dr google trying to get answers for my problems it's making me a nervous wreck once you start you cant stop.