What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at 6AM. This is a surprise because I ate quite a bit of carbs yesterday when we went to a greek restaurant and so was prepared to see something in 7s or even 8s really.

Although no way of knowing how much exactly, i would have thought it to be about 200gms with the battered aubergines and courgettes that I gobbled up along with one pina colada and a long island tea.

Anyway fasting today should level things up.

Have a great Sunday everyone.:)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought 2 glasses of wine, and the subsequent late night munchies (ice cream!!) would be high but....
My diabetes definitely hasn't read the manual!

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 blimey. Drank wine yesterday afternoon though so no doubt it’ll go higher in the next day or 2.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New Swipey issued forth 4.7. Red meat 2 days running :arghh: so not too bad. Massive moral dilemma eating red meat these days. Hugs if you don't like the weather - I abhor autumn, winter and early spring so empathise.

Reactions: karen8967

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today. All i eat is meat now ianpspurs. Go straight to the meat counter to see what tasties they got for me, like a kid in a candy shop :). I do like my Mackerel as well and its cheaper than salmon, more bang for your buck. Started trying different oragn meat and supprised how much you can get for over a pound in morristons :). Got some beef heat and liver to try out

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today. All i eat is meat now ianpspurs. Go straight to the meat counter to see what tasties they got for me, like a kid in a candy shop :). I do like my Mackerel as well and its cheaper than salmon, more bang for your buck. Started trying different oragn meat and supprised how much you can get for over a pound in morristons :). Got some beef heat and liver to try out
Different strokes for different folks. Enjoy - seems to work for you.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 4.4 at 6AM this morning at around 40 hours into fasting. I broke fast at 46 hrs and day average has been about 5.4 so far which is good but i am sure it will be higher tomorrow. We shall see.

Have a great evening everyone. :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967