Health question

Maggie75

Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice, I'm a T2 diabetic, had good results from last HBA1C (36), but over the last few weeks I've fallen off the wagon due to health scare, anxiety and depression. Over the last 3 weeks I've had an infected tooth which had to be removed after idiot dentist tried to fill it when it was completely decayed, required 2 courses of antibiotics and I've now got an infected abscess under my arm, another 2 courses of antibiotics for that and nothing is helping, looking like I'll need to go to hospital to have it removed under anaesthetic as GP and nurse can't do any more. My question is could this be my poor eating and too much wine that's causing this, I can't remember the last time I had so much horrible things happening at the one time. I so need to get back on track with this, I know that, if only to feel relatively normal and not in bad pain all the time. Sorry for the rambling post, just fed up and concerned I'm doing a lot of damage here.

Maggie

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Complications from T2 develop over a long period of elevated blood sugar. If your HbA1c was 36 until recently then it seems very unlikely, despite any short term increase in bg, that you would be more susceptible to your problems than a non-diabetic.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you were on track and you had some bad luck health wise. Having an infection sends you off track blood sugar wise on top of any bad choices you've made. Sounds as if you are understandably overwhelmed by these challenges and need to sort out the acute ones like getting this tooth sorted out. Then back to the low carb drawing board as your health will be helped by eating a real food low carb diet. I am not sure waht role the wine plays but it doesn't sound as if it is helping you much right now.