T1 comprehensive tracking app

KatieLou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello!
I've just started using insulin and I'm looking for the best app to track everything in one place....basal, bolus, food, exercise etc.
I'm currently using the freestyle libre sensors, Nutracheck and my fitbit but I'm finding it all a bit confusing so looking for recommendations....

What does everyone else use to track?
I'd really appreciate your advice

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
.basal, bolus, food, exercise etc.
I'm currently using the freestyle libre sensors
All those things can be tracked in the Libre app if you use a phone and most of them can be if you use the reader.
The app automatically transfers your data to LibreView, where you can view them on a pc, if you use the reader you can upload manually to LibreView.

Reactions: KatieLou

KatieLou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks! I'll play around with the app a little more. I can find the function for logging carbs but nothing to help me calculate the carbs.....thinking this along with a carb counting app is the way to go.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
nothing to help me calculate the carbs.
Ah, no, it doesn't calculate the carbs!
I'm a sloppy carb counter myself, not weighing food and estimating carbs, so I've never felt the need for an app. I do see how it could be useful though :)

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Thanks! I'll play around with the app a little more. I can find the function for logging carbs but nothing to help me calculate the carbs.....thinking this along with a carb counting app is the way to go.

For me I found not all carbs are the same.. some work faster/slower etc so have slightly different effect on me. along with the fact that not all meals come with exact carb values

So I used the carbs and Cals app to advise me roughly what’s in the plated food

Along with food labels.. over the that 10 years I’ve got very good at looking at a plate of food and deciding how many grams of carbs are there and most of the time I’m right..

And I just learn over time what foods need treating slightly differently

In the first 6 months i logged everything.. then found no one really cared so I stopped.. now I just keep computer records from the devices I use

I’m not great at maths.. can get along.. but am good with numbers… more in the sense I remember numbers really well

If you are different and struggle keeping track of numbers etc then the carbs and cals app might be worth a look

But I often just ask Google ‘how many carbs in’

Reactions: KatieLou