What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. A complete surprise, no wine yesterday but lots of red meat so I was expecting higher. Went to bed on 6.4, that usually means fbg will be in 6s too.

Reactions: karen8967

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like I expected, it was a fairly high 8.1 this morning.

I am experimenting with some food groups and I am inclined to believe based on my little experiment that mixing certain food groups results in higher readings even if relatively lower carbs in this instance lamb and chicken along with broccoli salad - overall carbs intake of yesterday was also higher though than my usual intake at possibly around 80gms although all of it is through complex carb and lot of fibrous sources.

Of course this can be a complete fabrication of my imagination at this point, but doesn't stop me from keeping things exciting in the kitchen... :D

It also means numbers should start getting better by tomorrow as now am in fasting and next eating activity will now only be on Thursday morning , body permitting of course. :)

Have a great day everyone. :)

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was at 11.1 mmol/l before breakfast this morning.

That should be seen in the context of it being over 33 mmol/l just 3 weeks ago. My meter wouldn't go any higher.

I'm afraid I fell off the wagon during the pandemic. I was jolted back into action when my most recent HBA1C test was 150.

So the fight continues.

Wish me luck.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

That should be seen in the context of it being over 33 mmol/l just 3 weeks ago. My meter wouldn't go any higher.

I'm afraid I fell off the wagon during the pandemic. I was jolted back into action when my most recent HBA1C test was 150.

So the fight continues.

Wish me luck.
Good luck @Inchindown. The fightback starts here.

Reactions: DJC3 and Inchindown

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

So the fight continues.

Wish me luck.

Well done for getting back on the wagon. You can do this.