Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Doing pretty good on a diet of paracetamol and ibuprofen, provided I stick to the couch :)
My previous dentist had a mirror attached to the light, so you could watch if you so chose, pretty sure I could do a root canal by now!

The bird is easy, even without googling I guess it's a 'breast-like' bird perching next to the cat-like tree :hilarious:. Do you have any male chickens in your little paradise as well? I love their cry in the mornings, but I guess it's not advisable to keep them when you have neighbours close by, just like with the horse-like creatures with the very loud sound!

The filter is useful, happy it's there or moderating would be a very tedious job. But it can act surprising :D. Did you know even one of the emojis gets asterisked? :***:
Apparently the software reads the names of the emojis :hilarious:.
I agree, the moderation filter’s useful, and time saving. It gave me some fun, not a primary motive for setting it up I suspect but all fun’s gratefully received by this heat and Covid retreating old bird.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol...................had to google the bird, but I really should have been able to guess that one. But now I will have to hover over each emoji to figure out which one is filtered.

Your veg patch sounds wonderful @Fairygodmother no matter what the size!!!

My am BG levels are not behaving well overall, shenanigans are a great description for that too.

@Antje77 I feel for you after having several teeth pulled this past couple of years. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. I do like the sun shining when I wake up, it makes all the dour and dismal less overpowering. I say this from the safety of retirement though, it’s an age benefit in these times that’s untouched by govt finance controls. Thank you sun, but please don’t get too beltingly hot. Frios are being more frequently refreshed but even then the strength of the last cartridges declined more swiftly than in cooler times. Anyone else finding this?
I’ve been spending too much sun-filled time remembering meals eaten on summer holidays in Greece and Portugal. I miss them! Limited ingredients here. I may though make some homous and tzatziki today, we’ve pita bread in the freezer too. There’s a bit of supermarket food in the fridge that needs eating before it’s wasted, and until then the full EU experience will have to wait. Anyone any ideas about how to make (very nice) fat fish fingers more exotic?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, good morning everyone. Have a good day. May blood sugars stay in the sweet spot and may there be something to make you smile.
A walk then lunch out with a few friends next Friday was arranged just yesterday so a week’s anticipation is an enjoyable prospect. We’re two of us fit and healthy, me, fairly fit and healthy, and a fourth who has multiple bits and pieces that’ll have to be overcome, or in some instances ignored. Should be lots of gossip and catching up - it’s been a fair while since we last met. Just hope it doesn’t rain. We’ll be having lunch outdoors and even though the sight of four rain-dampened oldies should put off any spreaders we oldies don’t want to get soaked.

Reactions: Antje77

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did my weekly bed change this morning and found a little yellow Jelly Baby residing at the bottom. Goodness knows how he got there as haven’t had a hypo in 8 days. Whoop!

Reactions: chris85 type 1

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
How can you eat a cookie without taking insulin? You can't lol!!!!! For some reason I decided to have a chocolate chip cookie and forgot to take my insulin until I noticed my BG going up and wondered why. Extra exercise bike time!!! It was good though so I think it was worth it.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, oh the bliss of a night cool enough to sleep well and have a little lie in! Then to walk in cool weather; apologies to any sun worshippers, I'm sure there's more to come for you, I'm just enjoying this little respite. We had rain overnight, hard to say how much as there's a decent breeze drying things out quite fast. For the first time in ages I'm happy to have a wet weekend! Hope your weekend brings whatever you'd like.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon Karen, good afternoon all.
Our younger grandson’s 9 today, 9! However, I shouldn’t really be surprised, this last year’s taken an aeon to pass and the day he was born seems centuries ago. I can still feel my arms aching as I held him while my daughter slept after the birth though, he was a big baby.
Before the pandemic struck I used to worry that everything was whizzing by too fast, and age was galloping along. Not now, though it’s not my ideal fix for making my 70s last longer. Ah well, beggars etc and be careful what you wish for and all that.
I picked the first of the runner beans that are big enough today, we’ll eat them this evening. The first of the crop are alway a bit special and I’m hoping the weather will be good enough for us to get tired of them before the season’s over.
Our lovely next door neighbours will be glad when this weekend’s over. A big family reunion has been a trifle scuppered by their younger one getting pinged (school bubble) and having to isolate; on the same day lovely next door neighbour’s sister had a difficult journey down here because the train driver was pinged. Then to cap it all the younger one collapsed this morning, hit her head and is currently in hospital on iv antibiotics. I think there’ll be recuperative wine and chocolate for them in our next online shop.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1627216960247.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, busy week ahead with errands and appointments for this and that, including exploring a new kitchen. It's on my agenda though not for this year; everyone I speak to - independent kitchen makers and chains alike - all say they're fully booked till 2022. Fine with me, means I can dither for longer!

Trying to get some gardening done today before I spend several days out and about. Have a good day all!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all. Not much happening here, next door neighbours’ daughter is now home, videos sent to us of older daughter’s chunky puppy (she’s off to see it for the first time today and if all goes well she’ll collect it next month), stayed mostly in range yesterday, a sparrow hawk has just swooped on the window bird feeder and carried away a sparrow. Much consternation, I’m gutted.

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Fairygodmother While I generally like hawks and eagles, I'd be gutted to, I would not like to see one take off with something right in front of me. Very sad.

Good news, I had my 6 month follow up for my laser surgery for my narrow angle glaucoma. My pressure is completely normal and the holes remain, well, holes! He said my eyes look very healthy. Hooray!